An Old School Catholic Message Board

Missionary Sisters Of The Holy Family

OnlySunshine

Today was the celebration of the Consecrated Religious in the World and our parish had a Sister from an order I'd never heard of before come and give a talk on vocations. She brought with her a young postulant. They are from the Missionary Sisters of the Holy Family in Wisconsin. They are mainly an international missionary order and Jodi is their first postulant in the United States. I thought I would post their link here in case anyone is interested in them. I didn't get a chance to talk to the Sister after Mass, but they look like a very interesting order with a very worthwhile apostolate.

[url="http://www.misjonarki-swietej-rodziny.org/en/index.html"]Missionary Sisters of the Holy Family[/url]

Neat! Thanks for posting! I'd never heard of them either! :nun: They have two houses in the Archdiocese of Milwaukee and one in the Diocese of Joliet, IL .. interesting to hear about. Thanks!

[quote name='Chiquitunga' timestamp='1297059850' post='2209596']
Neat! Thanks for posting! I'd never heard of them either! :nun: They have two houses in the Archdiocese of Milwaukee and one in the Diocese of Joliet, IL .. interesting to hear about. Thanks!
[/quote]

No problem. I thought it was very neat to see her in full habit when she walked into Church. I knew it was one that I'd never seen before and so I looked them up when I got home and found the website. :)

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1297077093' post='2209620']
I've heard of them before. They are wonderful!
[/quote]

Sr. Rozalia and Postulant Jodi gave excellent witnesses. Both of them brought me on the verge of tears. My mom, who was not so supportive during my discernment, finally understood what it means to be a consecrated religious. It always helps to have someone describe it who actually lives the life. My mom thought it was really neat to have the Sisters there. :)

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1297105510' post='2209721']
Sr. Rozalia and Postulant Jodi gave excellent witnesses. Both of them brought me on the verge of tears. My mom, who was not so supportive during my discernment, finally understood what it means to be a consecrated religious. It always helps to have someone describe it who actually lives the life. My mom thought it was really neat to have the Sisters there. :)
[/quote]

Oh how wonderful!!

We might get a couple of sisters from the Home of the mother to come give a talk to one of the groups here in a few weeks. Pray that it can happen (one of the sisters is from Tallahassee - I forgot her name though)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BridgetKanyanta

Yes we are Missionary Sisters of the Holy Family, Our Charism is to work towards Unity. We are found in USA, Zambia, Tanzania, Kenya, Italy, Russia, Belarus, Lithuania and of course Poland where we have our General House. We work in Schools and hospitals. In the church we work with children(holychildhood) youths,women & men in their lay organizations. In addition in,Zambia we have home for the aged.We do organize retreats not only for girls interested in sisterhood, but for everybody interested in deepening her spiritual life. Therefore, feel free to contact us at anytime.

Girls interested in sistershood the door is 24hrs open.God bless.:nun1::welcome:

For more information please contact me. bridgetkan@ymail.com

AlphonsusMary

[quote name='BridgetKanyanta' timestamp='1297939210' post='2213225']
Yes we are Missionary Sisters of the Holy Family, Our Charism is to work towards Unity. We are found in USA, Zambia, Tanzania, Kenya, Italy, Russia, Belarus, Lithuania and of course Poland where we have our General House. We work in Schools and hospitals. In the church we work with children(holychildhood) youths,women & men in their lay organizations. In addition in,Zambia we have home for the aged.We do organize retreats not only for girls interested in sisterhood, but for everybody interested in deepening her spiritual life. Therefore, feel free to contact us at anytime.

Girls interested in sistershood the door is 24hrs open.God bless.:nun1::welcome:

For more information please contact me. bridgetkan@ymail.com

[/quote]

I am in the Archdiocese of Milwaukee and I have researched every religious community in the area, but I have never come across the Missionary Sisters of the Holy Family. The website of the archdiocese does not even have this community listed under their religious communities of women. Do women from the United States enter in the houses in the states or are they sent to another country for formation?

[quote name='AlphonsusMary' timestamp='1298252623' post='2214277']
I am in the Archdiocese of Milwaukee and I have researched every religious community in the area, but I have never come across the Missionary Sisters of the Holy Family. The website of the archdiocese does not even have this community listed under their religious communities of women. Do women from the United States enter in the houses in the states or are they sent to another country for formation?
[/quote]

I thought I'd help with this. The Sisters that visited said that the house in Wisconsin is relatively new and Jodi is the first postulant they've ever had in the United States. It's probably going to take some time for them to become officially affiliated with the diocese before they show up on the website. It appears that Jodi entered in the house in Wisconsin, not in Poland. :)

AlphonsusMary

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1298263787' post='2214322']
I thought I'd help with this. The Sisters that visited said that the house in Wisconsin is relatively new and Jodi is the first postulant they've ever had in the United States. It's probably going to take some time for them to become officially affiliated with the diocese before they show up on the website. It appears that Jodi entered in the house in Wisconsin, not in Poland. :)
[/quote]

Ok, thanks for the information. :) Did they say how many members the house in Wisconsin has and what work they do there?

Guest Sr. Rozalia

Praised be Jesus Christ! Thank you for posting this information. I'm Sr. Rozalia, and it was truly wonderful to spend that weekend with you and all parishioners from St. Luke's. You've all been also a great witness to your faith and we felt like a part of family. Thanks for having us. May God contiune to bless you and your family. He is amesome! [quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1297052445' post='2209567']
Today was the celebration of the Consecrated Religious in the World and our parish had a Sister from an order I'd never heard of before come and give a talk on vocations. She brought with her a young postulant. They are from the Missionary Sisters of the Holy Family in Wisconsin. They are mainly an international missionary order and Jodi is their first postulant in the United States. I thought I would post their link here in case anyone is interested in them. I didn't get a chance to talk to the Sister after Mass, but they look like a very interesting order with a very worthwhile apostolate.

[url="http://www.misjonarki-swietej-rodziny.org/en/index.html"]Missionary Sisters of the Holy Family[/url]
[/quote]

[quote name='AlphonsusMary' timestamp='1298315061' post='2214448']
Ok, thanks for the information. :) Did they say how many members the house in Wisconsin has and what work they do there?
[/quote]

I am not sure on how many members live in the Wisconsin house, but as for the apostolates, they work with children in education and do some nursing. :)

Guest Sr. Rozalia

As a Missionary Sister of the Holy Family, Sr. Rozalia, I live in Wisconsin. We have one convent in West Allis (6 sisters living there) and one in Burlington (30 miles south from Milwaukee; with 6 sisters and postulant, Jody living there). I live in the convent in Burlington. We also have another convent in Illinois, small town, Kankakee where 3 sisters live. To tell you the truth, the first sisters came to States in 1963, lived in Illinois; the convent in West Allis and Burlington came later. It's a good things you mentioned we're not listed in Archdiocese list of women religious; will have to look into it. If you would like to know the exact address, please, write to [email="terenia1@comcast.net"]terenia1@comcast.net[/email] and I will be more than happy to let you know. Praised be Jesus Christ![quote name='AlphonsusMary' timestamp='1298252623' post='2214277']
[/quote]