An Old School Catholic Message Board

For Those In The Atlanta Area

Maximilianus

[b][size="2"][size="2"][color="#000000"][url="http://unavoceofga.blogspot.com/2011/02/nun-run-monk-hunt-seminarian-search.html"][size="2"][color="#000000"]Nun Run, Monk Hunt & Seminarian Search[/color][/size]

[/url][/color][/size][/b][/size]

Edited by Maximilianus

Very neat! The only thing that bothered me here was that it said only those eligible for religious life could go, which makes sense, but they defined that as 16 - 30 yrs of age .. I'm in my mid 20's and I can understand if they want to keep this trip within a younger age range .. but it bothers me the way they say it, because it's certainly not true. Oh well :hmmm: It's great they're organizing these trips though! :priest: .. :nunpray:

Oh and I should start a new thread on this, but I recently got a flyer in the mail for a nun run trip the Diocese of Rockford is organizing coming up pretty soon too .. April 26 - 29th I think it was. It didn't say where exactly they were going, but to convents in Iowa and Nebraska this year .. so perhaps the Carmel. I'll have to ask. The age range they give is simply 18 and over. Then they have a separate trip for the junior high/high school girls.

[quote name='Maximilianus' timestamp='1297304923' post='2210812']
[b][size="2"][size="2"][color="#000000"][url="http://unavoceofga.blogspot.com/2011/02/nun-run-monk-hunt-seminarian-search.html"][size="2"][color="#000000"]Nun Run, Monk Hunt & Seminarian Search[/color][/size]

[/url][/color][/size][/size][/b]
[/quote]

A few observations. This 'run' is sponsored by the FSSP, so most of the institutions appear to observe the Latin Mass, which should be important for those signing up. For the women, the 'run' includes both active and contemplative vocations. I can't find the Clear Creek Benedictine women on the web, so one must assume that they are similar to the men's order. The Benedictine sisters of the Queen of Angels in Liberty MO, the only Queen of Angels in MO I could find, is small, new, active, non-habited, and affiliated with the Federation of St. Scholastica. Is this the Benedictine Queen of Angels in MO mentioned in the "run" flyer?

There is a lot of driving in this run. It starts in Georgia and for the women, at least, goes to Tennessee, Nebraska, Oklahoma and Missouri--and back to Georgia.

If one is interested in "runs", especially "nun runs", there are a number available every year--in Davenport, IA (one of the Quad Cities on the Mississippi, which includes a lot of communities), Rockford, as mentioned, and if one wanted to visit cities with a lot of women's communities in all types of observances, there is 'nun' better than St. Louis, and any large midwestern city, including Milwaukee, Chicago, and Kansas City. And if one even wants to look only at a [i]single state[/i], there are contemplative and active communities throughout the midwest and upper midwest--in Minnesota, the Dakotas, Nebraska, Iowa, Missouri, Illinois--the works( let alone Pennsylvania, New York, New England).

I agree about the age. Why not make the cutoff 35?