An Old School Catholic Message Board

Anniversary Present

CatherineM

So this is the anniversary present my mother in law sent me for our 5th wedding anniversary. Should I read anything into it?
[img]http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5018/5443326867_9da7a67fc0_m.jpg[/img]

You should send her something quintessentially Canadian that has a snarling, exposed-fangs wolf on it.... a copy of [u]White Fang[/u], for example, or a sports team's logo... for her next birthday. Or maybe a badger! You could inscribe it with, "I saw this, and I thought of you!"

And congratualtions on your new citizenship.

[quote name='Luigi' timestamp='1297662340' post='2212199']
You should send her something quintessentially Canadian that has a snarling, exposed-fangs wolf on it.... a copy of [u]White Fang[/u], for example, or a sports team's logo... for her next birthday. Or maybe a badger! You could inscribe it with, "I saw this, and I thought of you!"

[/quote]
I love my husband too much to overtly disrespect his mother. At least he doesn't defend her actions. That can happen sometimes in a marriage with difficult inlaws. I try very hard to grin and bear it.

MissScripture

[quote name='CatherineM' timestamp='1297663214' post='2212205']
I love my husband too much to overtly disrespect his mother. At least he doesn't defend her actions. That can happen sometimes in a marriage with difficult inlaws. I try very hard to grin and bear it.
[/quote]
Or in other cases, they don't even see what their parents are doing is not cool, and don't understand why their spouse is upset by it.

P.S. If nothing else, your mother-in-law stories make me greatful for my in-laws, as much as they may frustrate me at times.

She sent me a valentine's present and card that actually had nice stuff in it. I'm basically in hand's off/ignore mode with her. Sometimes the only winning move is not to play. So she gets sweetly nice to show that I'm the problem, not her. I will of course send a thankyou note for the valentine's present, but I did not send one for the anniversary present. Maybe she will respond to positive reinforcement.

[quote name='Era Might' timestamp='1297651027' post='2212125']
Do you have a dog?
[/quote]

I seen the picture and was going to post the same thing !

ed