An Old School Catholic Message Board

Discerning The Call To Religious Life

OnlySunshine

OnlySunshine

Sr. Catherine Marie of the Sisters of Life in New York discusses how to discern a religious vocation.

[center][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZaGvjQ-Jx8[/media][/center]

PRAYER TO OUR LADY QUEEN OF ANGELS

August Queen of Heaven! Sovereign Mistress of the Angels! Thou who from the beginning hast received from God the power and mission to crush the head of Satan; we humbly beseech thee to send thy Holy Legions that under thy command and by thy power they may pursue the evil spirits; encounter them on every side; resist their bold attacks and drive them hence into the abyss of eternal woe. Amen.

I found this prayer in looking at websites tonight. Lovely for discernment!!!

August Queen of Heaven! Sovereign Mistress of the Angels! Thou who from the beginning hast received from God the power and mission to crush the head of Satan; we humbly beseech thee to send thy Holy Legions that under thy command and by thy power they may pursue the evil spirits; encounter them on every side; resist their bold attacks and drive them hence into the abyss of eternal woe. Amen.

OnlySunshine

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1299385545' post='2218448']
Really enjoyed that, MM. :like: Thank you for sharing!
[/quote]

You're welcome. I actually haven't watched the video! :shock: I just found it on YouTube last night and went, "Oh cool! The Sisters of Life!" rotfl

franciscanheart

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1299386893' post='2218453']
You're welcome. I actually haven't watched the video! :shock: I just found it on YouTube last night and went, "Oh cool! The Sisters of Life!" rotfl
[/quote]
:lol: Hilarious!

OnlySunshine

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1299387993' post='2218460']
:lol: Hilarious!
[/quote]

LOL, it was late and I could find my headphones, so I didn't watch it. :hehe:

Mary Magdalene

amesome video. Love the Sisters of Life. Visited them last year when I was in the US! :like:

Mary Magdalene

Prayer For Choosing One's Vocation

God of wisdom and of counsel, You see in my heart a sincere desire to please You alone and to conform myself entirely to Your holy Will in the choice of my state in life. Grant me, I humbly implore You, by the intercession of the Blessed Virgin, my Mother, and my holy Patrons, the grace to know what state in life I should choose and to embrace it when known, in order that I may seek Your glory and increase it, work out my own salvation, and deserve the heavenly reward which You have promised to those who do Your holy Will. Amen.

[i]Treasury of Prayer[/i], Lawrence B. Lovasik, S.V.D., 1954