An Old School Catholic Message Board

Mental Clarity

OnlySunshine

OnlySunshine

Have any of you ever experienced that clarity and peace of mind where you know exactly what God is calling you to? I felt like God did this :getaclue:

I realized today, after posting in Open Mic and going over my old posts and journals, how I've been ignoring what I've felt called to all along. I've ALWAYS wanted to work with animals. I kept changing my mind, however, because I didn't have faith that I could pass the classes, but I don't trust myself enough. I am doing so well in my College Algebra class because I am applying myself and I took a few other classes about a year or so ago, and did very well in those, too. I think, sometimes, I sell myself short and say I can't do things, but the truth is, I am definitely smart enough to pass these classes if I do the work and seek help when I need it. Animal science is what I am passionate about and there are so many opportunities to work with animals, whether in a wildlife refuge or reserve, a zoological park, a rescue (like Big Cat Rescue in Tampa), etc.

I cannot count the number of times I have changed my major. I felt like I was knocking my head against a brick wall :wall: because I couldn't decide what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. The majors I chose just didn't feel right. Looking back, though, it's because I wasn't focused because of my ADD and depression. Now that I am being treated successfully for both these disorders, I have a clear head and I am able to make better decisions. I know I don't want to be a nurse, radiologic technologist, art curator, historian, musician, etc. I know I want to do research and assist in wildlife conservation and ecology.

I really think my prayers have been answered. I kept praying that God would give me some sort of clarity after I discerned I was not called to religious life. Again, I felt so sure about something, but now I know for sure that it is not for me, though I am still not ruling out consecrated virginity, third order Dominicans, or the married life. After reading several writings on consecrated virginity and the single life, I'm feeling more and more drawn to that vocation, but I am testing it at this point. I'm focusing on my school work and finishing my degree. I feel liberated, finally, because I have discerned what career I feel called to pursue. I've loved animals ever since I was a little girl, so it just makes sense! Thank God!

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1299358358' post='2218318']
Have any of you ever experienced that clarity and peace of mind where you know exactly what God is calling you to? I felt like God did this :getaclue:

I realized today, after posting in Open Mic and going over my old posts and journals, how I've been ignoring what I've felt called to all along. I've ALWAYS wanted to work with animals. I kept changing my mind, however, because I didn't have faith that I could pass the classes, but I don't trust myself enough. I am doing so well in my College Algebra class because I am applying myself and I took a few other classes about a year or so ago, and did very well in those, too. I think, sometimes, I sell myself short and say I can't do things, but the truth is, I am definitely smart enough to pass these classes if I do the work and seek help when I need it. Animal science is what I am passionate about and there are so many opportunities to work with animals, whether in a wildlife refuge or reserve, a zoological park, a rescue (like Big Cat Rescue in Tampa), etc.

I cannot count the number of times I have changed my major. I felt like I was knocking my head against a brick wall :wall: because I couldn't decide what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. The majors I chose just didn't feel right. Looking back, though, it's because I wasn't focused because of my ADD and depression. Now that I am being treated successfully for both these disorders, I have a clear head and I am able to make better decisions. I know I don't want to be a nurse, radiologic technologist, art curator, historian, musician, etc. I know I want to do research and assist in wildlife conservation and ecology.

I really think my prayers have been answered. I kept praying that God would give me some sort of clarity after I discerned I was not called to religious life. Again, I felt so sure about something, but now I know for sure that it is not for me, though I am still not ruling out consecrated virginity, third order Dominicans, or the married life. After reading several writings on consecrated virginity and the single life, I'm feeling more and more drawn to that vocation, but I am testing it at this point. I'm focusing on my school work and finishing my degree. I feel liberated, finally, because I have discerned what career I feel called to pursue. I've loved animals ever since I was a little girl, so it just makes sense! Thank God!
[/quote]

Master,

I know exactly how you feel. God has to smack me on the back of the head [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/getaclue.gif[/img] in order for me to hear Him quite often. When I found my career I felt the same way you do. It was like "Oh, yah, this totally fits and makes complete sense". I have been fortunate enough to work in my field with out a degree and I love it. I had the same feeling when my vocation became clear. I am called to the religious life and it makes complete sense for me. Good luck in school and, as a very wise Dominican once told me, study well, not hard.

Pax,

Emilie

Praised be Jesus Christ! Glad you are at peace, you deserve it!!! You will do well, and you can count on our continued prayers! :like:

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1299358358' post='2218318']Have any of you ever experienced that clarity and peace of mind where you know exactly what God is calling you to? I felt like God did this :getaclue:
[/quote]

Yes! Took a while for me to realize it, and it wasn't what I originally thought I wanted, but once I was there it was like the puzzle piece finally fit! It's the best feeling ever :)

OnlySunshine

[quote name='emilier98' timestamp='1299358753' post='2218320']
Master,

I know exactly how you feel. Go has to smack me on the back of the head [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/getaclue.gif[/img] in order for me to hear Him quite often. When I found my career I felt the same way you do. It was like "Oh, yah, this totally fits and makes complete sense". I have been fortunate enough to work in my field with out a degree and I love it. I had the same feeling when my vocation became clear. I am called to the religious life and it makes complete sense for me. Good luck in school and, as a very wise Dominican once told me, study well, not hard.

Pax,

Emilie
[/quote]

Thanks! I am really excited because after my College Algebra course is over, I'll only have one more class and then it's off to the university I go! :dance: I never thought I'd be so excited about something in my whole life, but my education is very important to me because I love to learn (a true Dominican, I guess :hehe: ).

A funny side note though:

Everytime you say "Master" instead of "Mater", I think of Igor from Young Frankenstein. LOL!

[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_rs51u5UHxdA/TAVEB6T9qBI/AAAAAAAABck/gwm81qUmtYc/s1600/MartyFeldmanIgor.jpg[/img]

OnlySunshine

[quote name='CherieMadame' timestamp='1299359399' post='2218323']
Praised be Jesus Christ! Glad you are at peace, you deserve it!!! You will do well, and you can count on our continued prayers! :like:

Yes! Took a while for me to realize it, and it wasn't what I originally thought I wanted, but once I was there it was like the puzzle piece finally fit! It's the best feeling ever :)
[/quote]

It IS the best feeling. There is no other feeling like it because all the worrying about "what am I going to do!?!?" is over. It feels great to know that I won't be changing my major again. I can finally decide what classes I need to take at the university level. :clapping:

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1299359998' post='2218326']
Thanks! I am really excited because after my College Algebra course is over, I'll only have one more class and then it's off to the university I go! :dance: I never thought I'd be so excited about something in my whole life, but my education is very important to me because I love to learn (a true Dominican, I guess :hehe: ).

A funny side note though:

Everytime you say "Master" instead of "Mater", I think of Igor from Young Frankenstein. LOL!

[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_rs51u5UHxdA/TAVEB6T9qBI/AAAAAAAABck/gwm81qUmtYc/s1600/MartyFeldmanIgor.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

I will get it right one of these days. Indeed, Dominicans love school. I transferred from a community college to university and I was so excited when I was accepted and would be studying the things I love. There is nothing like realizing your calling and your dreams. Now I just have to not complicate my calling and my dream and all will be well with the world.

Btw... I love Young Frankenstein. Gene Wilder is so funny and now I feel the need to watch that movie. lol

OnlySunshine

[quote name='emilier98' timestamp='1299360360' post='2218330']
I will get it right one of these days. Indeed, Dominicans love school. I transferred from a community college to university and I was so excited when I was accepted and would be studying the things I love. There is nothing like realizing your calling and your dreams. Now I just have to not complicate my calling and my dream and all will be well with the world.
[b]
Btw... I love Young Frankenstein. Gene Wilder is so funny and now I feel the need to watch that movie. lol[/b]
[/quote]

LOL, I wish we had it on video because I want to watch it, too. Igor and Frankenstein were always my favorite characters. :clapping: