An Old School Catholic Message Board

Story Of A Soul

franciscanheart

OnlySunshine

[quote name='CherieMadame' timestamp='1299553567' post='2219022']
We offered this book in our convent bookstore. I did not read the whole thing, but skimmed through it. From what I remember, it was good. Celine was a beautiful soul, and if it weren't for her, we probably wouldn't know as much about Therese as we do!
[/quote]

I know that St. Therese and Celine were very close. I think her name was beautiful as I've always like the name, Genevieve. I may have to see if I can locate a copy and read it. :)

franciscanheart

Thanks, everyone, for the replies!

[quote name='CherieMadame' timestamp='1299553424' post='2219020']
For me, I wouldn't say "better", but I'm glad you mentioned it. This is one of my favorite books, and I highly, highly recommend as [i]necessary[/i] reading for those who are discerning! :like:
[/quote]
Good to know. :like: Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
FutureSister2009

The Story of a Soul is my most favorite book ever! :clapping: I do not know which translation I have but I've read it several times and I notice new things every time I read it. I want to get a hold of My Sister St. Therese and read it very soon and now that I know there's a book about Celine, I want to read it too!

InPersonaChriste

I have this edition;
http://www.overstock.com/Books-Movies-Music-Games/The-Story-of-a-Soul-Hardcover/4336064/product.html

It is very good for me,
Truthfully I have had a hard time reading Therese.

Just read a review of a new translation here:

http://www.patheos.com/Resources/Additional-Resources/Brede-No-Treacle-St-Therese-and-Rumer-Godden-Julie-Davis-03-31-2011.html

FutureSister2009

I did just find a book about Therese's other sister Leonie. I don't even remember seeing her name mentioned in Story of a Soul. I'd like to read about her too