An Old School Catholic Message Board

My Book Ban

Lil Red

[quote name='Innocent' timestamp='1299657086' post='2219465']Therefore, I would respectfully urge you to reconsider your self-imposed book-ban.[/quote]
thanks for the links, those were great to read :like:

but still, i need to at least start reading the books I have - many i have had for years and not read.

(i will admit though that after reading Brother Adam's thread on Pope Benedict's new book, that i went and got both of them from amazon, just to make sure that i was able to get hardcover copies at a reasonable price.)

IcePrincessKRS

I think if you can at least make some headway and read parts of each book that counts. :saint:

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1299697954' post='2219589']
I think if you can at least make some headway and read parts of each book that counts. :saint:
[/quote]
i like your thinking! :saint:

Chestertonian

I have the same problem. I probably have over a hundred books I've yet to read. The flippin used book/church yard sales are the culprit. Who can turn down hardbacks for a quarter?

I had that problem until Ike took my books (though my number was probably in the dozens). Now I have a rule: unread books cannot take up more than one half of one shelf. Any book that I am unlikely to re-read or has no reference value must be given away.

Chestertonian

[quote name='tgoldson' timestamp='1299699800' post='2219596']
I had that problem until Ike took my books (though my number was probably in the dozens). Now I have a rule: unread books cannot take up more than one half of one shelf. Any book that I am unlikely to re-read or has no reference value must be given away.
[/quote]

That's a good rule of thumb.