An Old School Catholic Message Board

Franciscans And Domincans

Lisa

[quote name='CherieMadame' timestamp='1301487531' post='2224651']
ACTUALLY ...

In our (meaning the Sister Servants of the Eternal Word) newsletter from when we went to Rome, we found a painting of St. Francis, St. Dominic, and some unidentified other man in a brown habit. Who on earth could that be, we wondered?

Someone who worked at the Basilica told us it was St. Angelo of Licata, a CARMELITE from Sicily! Apparently at the time St. Francis and St. Dominic met, it was St. Angelo of Licata who was preaching.

In the picture, they were all embracing.

The Sisters LOVED this image because not only do they have a Franciscan and Dominican charism, they have a GREAT devotion to Our Lady of Mount Carmel and the brown scapular (their normal entrance date is July 16th).

I wish I could find this picture ... but alas, I cannot. I can't even remember exactly what Basilica it was. But it's in all in the Sisters' newsletter, if I could find a copy I could scan the picture! But here is a pic of St. Angelo anyway
: [img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_LdyBDRtZ5G8/S-D4_QKtrUI/AAAAAAAACd8/RvxZR9OtZ88/s400/aaa6.JPG[/img]
[/quote]

:clap:

OnlySunshine

[quote name='CherieMadame' timestamp='1301487531' post='2224651']
ACTUALLY ...

In our (meaning the Sister Servants of the Eternal Word) newsletter from when we went to Rome, we found a painting of St. Francis, St. Dominic, and some unidentified other man in a brown habit. Who on earth could that be, we wondered?

Someone who worked at the Basilica told us it was St. Angelo of Licata, a CARMELITE from Sicily! Apparently at the time St. Francis and St. Dominic met, it was St. Angelo of Licata who was preaching.

In the picture, they were all embracing.

The Sisters LOVED this image because not only do they have a Franciscan and Dominican charism, they have a GREAT devotion to Our Lady of Mount Carmel and the brown scapular (their normal entrance date is July 16th).

I wish I could find this picture ... but alas, I cannot. I can't even remember exactly what Basilica it was. But it's in all in the Sisters' newsletter, if I could find a copy I could scan the picture! But here is a pic of St. Angelo anyway
: [img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_LdyBDRtZ5G8/S-D4_QKtrUI/AAAAAAAACd8/RvxZR9OtZ88/s400/aaa6.JPG[/img]
[/quote]

Wow, that's incredible! :dance:

I remember Sr. Louise writing to me about their enrollment of retreat participants in the Brown Scapular. She asked me why my email address had the word "Carmelite" in it and I had to explain that I created it when I was discerning with the Carmelites. I think most of the spiritualities that have mystics in them like Franciscans, Dominicans, and Carmelites go together in some respect. I like how they each are Marian (Francis of Assisi had a Marian devotion, Dominic was given the rosary by Our Lady of Pompeii, and the Carmelites received their scapular from Our Lady of Mount Carmel). :)

MargaretTeresa

amesome!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

One big happy family of God's children...no feuding and arguing...just brotherly love!

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1301589734' post='2225064']
amesome!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

One big happy family of God's children...no feuding and arguing...just brotherly love!
[/quote]

Well...most of the time ;)

Lil'Monster

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1301952505' post='2225935']
True life. I mean, look at Vee and DS...
[/quote]

vee :bash: ds

ds :boink: vee

oh much they love each other!