An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Think Showing Pictures Of Aborted Babies Is Disrespectful

InPersonaChriste

InPersonaChriste

[quote name='Ed Normile' timestamp='1301430385' post='2224345']
I honestly do not know? I could never kill a child, I could never kill an animal, unless it were for food. I would hope that a woman who would see the life stirring in her, no longer able to somehow in the deepest recesses of her mind lay it off as an ache or possibly gas or a tummy rumbling, I would pray a woman who sees the face and digits and toes of the life she is carrying, sees the heart beating and watches the feet kicking, would come to the understanding that this child is nothing less than part of her, and that no matter how the child was conceived that it was meant to be alive through the grace of God.

ed
[/quote]

Ditto
:D

InPersonaChriste

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1301430478' post='2224346']
I believe that I saw a conversion to pro-life because of those images.
I don't like them; they upset me. However, I believe there's a time and a place.
[/quote]

So you agree with me that people should have the choice to see the images after they are informed? Or are you hitting a different point. No entiendo nada...

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='InPersonaChriste' timestamp='1301430579' post='2224350']
So you agree with me that people should have the choice to see the images after they are informed? Or are you hitting a different point. No entiendo nada...
[/quote]
I don't understand your question.

I remember going to the Holocaust Museum in DC, and among many other disturbing things I saw what appeared to be hundreds of bodies being bulldozed into mass graves. Also Emmett Till, a 14 year old black kid who was beaten to death because he allegedly flirted with a white woman, his mother insisted on an open casket. You can google it, I won't link it here because it's another disturbing sight.

I think these images need to be seen, lest we pretend the world can't be such an ugly place. If my body is ever mutilated by some gruesome or horrible act of injustice, I would want people to look upon it because people need to see the reality of something, whether horrifying or gruesome, in order to assess it and meter out their justice and mercy accordingly. It would be disrespectful to use such pictures simply for shock jockery or some warped entertainment value, but when such pictures are aimed to uphold the dignity of the person/s in the picture it's different. It gives the child a voice from beyond the grave and forces people to see the cruelty inflicted on him/her.

InPersonaChriste

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1301430628' post='2224351']
I don't understand your question.
[/quote]

Do you think that people should have the choice to view these images? That is sort of what I am getting at, I find it harmful when the images are being shoved in people's faces, and i am VERY pro-life.

InPersonaChriste

[quote name='Ice_nine' timestamp='1301430703' post='2224353']
I remember going to the Holocaust Museum in DC, and among many other disturbing things I saw what appeared to be hundreds of bodies being bulldozed into mass graves. Also Emmett Till, a 14 year old black kid who was beaten to death because he allegedly flirted with a white woman, his mother insisted on an open casket. You can google it, I won't link it here because it's another disturbing sight.

I think these images need to be seen, lest we pretend the world can't be such an ugly place. If my body is ever mutilated by some gruesome or horrible act of injustice, I would want people to look upon it because people need to see the reality of something, whether horrifying or gruesome, in order to assess it and meter out their justice and mercy accordingly. It would be disrespectful to use such pictures simply for shock jockery or some warped entertainment value, but when such pictures are aimed to uphold the dignity of the person/s in the picture it's different. It gives the child a voice from beyond the grave and forces people to see the cruelty inflicted on him/her.
[/quote]

So these images are going to be shown until deemed unneccesary....I still find them disturbing....

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1301430478' post='2224346']I don't like them; they upset me. However, I believe there's a time and a place.[/quote]
agreed

[quote name='Ice_nine' timestamp='1301430703' post='2224353']
[b]I think these images need to be seen, lest we pretend the world can't be such an ugly place.[/b] If my body is ever mutilated by some gruesome or horrible act of injustice, I would want people to look upon it because people need to see the reality of something, whether horrifying or gruesome, in order to assess it and meter out their justice and mercy accordingly. It would be disrespectful to use such pictures simply for shock jockery or some warped entertainment value, but when such pictures are aimed to uphold the dignity of the person/s in the picture it's different. [b]It gives the child a voice from beyond the grave and forces people to see the cruelty inflicted on him/her.[/b][/quote]
agreed.

[quote name='InPersonaChriste' timestamp='1301430579' post='2224350']
So you agree with me that people should[b] have the choice[/b] to see the images after they are informed? Or are you hitting a different point. No entiendo nada...
[/quote]

I really do not think they should have the choice to see the pictures, I feel that if they are seeking an abortion they should have to see the pictures and videos and as I said an modern ultrasound imaging of their baby. I find it odd that if I go in for a kidney stone, which I have, I have to undergo informed consent, they tell me of the possible damages to my kidney, chances of incontinence, infections that may arise, possibly death. You have to go through this for serious dental procedures too, but, you can go discreetly into an abortion mill as an underage girl and without even the consent of a parent undergo a "procedure" that ends a life?

No, I feel that they should be well informed before they engage their freewill.

ed

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='InPersonaChriste' timestamp='1301430762' post='2224355']
Do you think that people should have the choice to view these images? That is sort of what I am getting at, I find it harmful when the images are being shoved in people's faces, and i am VERY pro-life.
[/quote]
Everyone has the choice to look away. Nobody is holding someone's eyelids open and forcing them to turn towards those pictures.
The pictures are powerful. They are horrifying, even to those who are pro-abortion, because it forces them to confront that which they support. No euphemisms or sterile clinical whitewashing. Only death.
People react so strongly against them because it shows what is happening every minute of every day, and it accuses those who are complicit.

[quote name='InPersonaChriste' timestamp='1301430848' post='2224356']
So these images are going to be shown until deemed unneccesary....I still find them disturbing....
[/quote]
i hope you find them disturbing. i hope everyone who sees them is sickened beyond all belief and moved to do more to end this violence against the most innocent members of our society.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1301430991' post='2224359']
Everyone has the choice to look away. Nobody is holding someone's eyelids open and forcing them to turn towards those pictures.
The pictures are powerful. They are horrifying, even to those who are pro-abortion, because it forces them to confront that which they support. [b]No euphemisms or sterile clinical whitewashing. Only death.[/b]
People react so strongly against them because it shows what is happening every minute of every day, and it accuses those who are complicit.
[/quote]
yes.

InPersonaChriste

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1301431047' post='2224360']
i hope you find them disturbing. i hope everyone who sees them is sickened beyond all belief and moved to do more to end this violence against the most innocent members of our society.

yes.
[/quote]

Disturbing as in the injustice and the disrespect of the child.

[quote name='InPersonaChriste' timestamp='1301431127' post='2224361']
Disturbing as in the injustice and the disrespect of the child.
[/quote]
i don't see an injustice in showing someone a picture of an aborted child. the injustice has already been done to the child. is that what you meant?

(btw, welcome to phatmass! :) )

InPersonaChriste

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1301431216' post='2224362']
i don't see an injustice in showing someone a picture of an aborted child. the injustice has already been done to the child. is that what you meant?

(btw, welcome to phatmass! :) )
[/quote]

Yes thats what i meant.
I know they are sometimes neccesary but i guess i am naive enough to think that we can make people aware of the injustice without shoving the image in their faces.

Oh and thanks.. I have had my eye onthis forum and decided to join. :D

Edited by InPersonaChriste

[quote name='InPersonaChriste' timestamp='1301431317' post='2224363']
Yes thats what i meant.
I know they are sometimes neccesary but i guess i am naive enough to think that we can make people aware of the injustice without shoving the image in their faces.

[/quote]
you misunderstand me. i don't know that there should be public displays, 'shoving the image in their faces'. like i said, i believe there is a time and a place for these images.

[quote name='InPersonaChriste' timestamp='1301431317' post='2224363']
Yes thats what i meant.

[/quote]

Oh wow, I did not see you are new here! Good to see you jumping right in.

By the way, watch out for Lil red, and Miklobe, they are like serial killer/ninja assasins to all newbies here! Only joking, keep the faith and your obvious commitment to the yet born, and by all means do not forget the Holy Souls in purgatory, they need your prayers.

ed