An Old School Catholic Message Board

Question

Rebecca2009

[quote name='Rebecca2009' timestamp='1302654033' post='2227992']
Thank you Luigi and Janice and Papist. Thanks for your prayers and your good advice.

I have the book Rome Sweet Home and my husband has heard bits and pieces of one of Scott Hahn's CDs. From what I remember the Hahns were divided on Catholicism for about 7 years. So I just have to [b][u]be patient[/u][/b] I guess. It's been about that long for us too.

A few years ago when my husband was working in the city, he happened to be across the street from a Catholic book store. He bought me Fr. Groschel's book about Adoration. I was so surprised! I mentioned it once recently and he had totally forgotten about that.:like:

I recently got the book of Search and Rescue and I definitely need to start reading it!

Thanks again very much to all of you.
[/quote]

Keep in mind, that it is not the time you need to worry about, but the eternity.

[quote name='Rebecca2009' timestamp='1302654033' post='2227992']
Thank you Luigi and Janice and Papist. Thanks for your prayers and your good advice.

I have the book Rome Sweet Home and my husband has heard bits and pieces of one of Scott Hahn's CDs. From what I remember the Hahns were divided on Catholicism for about 7 years. So I just have to be patient I guess. It's been about that long for us too.

A few years ago when my husband was working in the city, he happened to be across the street from a Catholic book store. He bought me Fr. Groschel's book about Adoration. I was so surprised! I mentioned it once recently and he had totally forgotten about that.:like:

I recently got the book of Search and Rescue and I definitely need to start reading it!

Thanks again very much to all of you.
[/quote]

Also, pray for yourself that God gives you opportunities to dialog with your husband about the Catholic Church/Faith and the the Holy Spirit guides your words. Now go and study apologetics. God bless you and your husband.

Rebecca2009

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1302710418' post='2228153']
Also, pray for yourself that God gives you opportunities to dialog with your husband about the Catholic Church/Faith and the the Holy Spirit guides your words. Now go and study apologetics. God bless you and your husband.
[/quote]

Yes, thank you.

I have worried sometimes that I won't be able to remember everything that needs to be said when the time arises....but Jesus spoke about that didn't He. Do not worry ahead of time about what to say, the Holy Spirit will speak through you. I know this happened the other day when we were talking about Mary....a scripture came to mind for me that fit exactly with what we were talking about. It actually surprised me when I said it. Cause it wasn't me!

Study to show thyself approved....then trust in Him for everything. Amen.

[quote name='Rebecca2009' timestamp='1302779685' post='2228604']
Study to show thyself approved....then trust in Him for everything. Amen.
[/quote]

AMEN!