cmotherofpirl Posted April 23, 2004 Posted April 23, 2004 Face to face is more like a conversation with God, with the priest just there to help with the sticky points.
Ellenita Posted April 23, 2004 Posted April 23, 2004 Face to face.... .....it's the hardest thing to sit in front of someone you respect so much and confess..... ......it's also the most liberating thing ever! What an amazing sacrament!
Demon Seeker Posted April 23, 2004 Posted April 23, 2004 I like the face to face because as your confessing I feel that seeing the priest boosts up your confidence. :ph34r:
PedroX Posted April 23, 2004 Posted April 23, 2004 I prefer behind the screen because of the doctrine that states the sacredness of the sacrement is independent of the sacredness of the celebrant. Behind the screen removes any distractions about whether or not i like the confessor, or whether I feel comfortable. Just me. peace...
Sojourner Posted April 23, 2004 Posted April 23, 2004 OK, I've done both, and I have to say I like behind the screen better, mainly because of the distraction reason that PedroX mentioned. But I think there are good points to face-to-face confession. I probably will mix it up a bit.
willguy Posted April 23, 2004 Posted April 23, 2004 face to face - it forces more humbleness from me.
Fiat_Voluntas_Tua Posted April 23, 2004 Posted April 23, 2004 Word up Willguy! face-face brings an overwhelming amount of humbleness to me. It helps me make a more complete confession. Pax et Agape per MAria, Andy
CreepyCrawler Posted April 23, 2004 Posted April 23, 2004 behind the screen makes me less nervous and i get absolved just the same
morostheos Posted April 23, 2004 Posted April 23, 2004 face to face. it's so much harder, but i think it's a good hard, like willguy said, it forces me to be humble
Dave Posted April 23, 2004 Posted April 23, 2004 With me it depends on if I know the confessor. If I know him, I'll do it face-to-face. If not, I'll do it behind the screen.
Lil Red Posted April 23, 2004 Posted April 23, 2004 [quote name='Dave' date='Apr 23 2004, 01:19 PM'] With me it depends on if I know the confessor. If I know him, I'll do it face-to-face. If not, I'll do it behind the screen. [/quote] i like it just opposite of you!
crusader1234 Posted April 23, 2004 Posted April 23, 2004 i prefer face to face, but there are some issues you could say i ... avoid in face to face. ex... since im a teenager, i say 'ive broken all 10 commandments to various degrees' then go into detail when he asks. i avoid the adultery one. nobody wants to talk about that with your priest face to face. i think with face to face you get a better ... feeling? my priest always helps me and its really a nice feeling.
Iacobus Posted April 23, 2004 Posted April 23, 2004 I go behind the screen. Mainly becuase of habit and no real reason.
mamalove Posted April 23, 2004 Posted April 23, 2004 I prefer behind the screen myself. I've done both and I feel equally liberated both ways. I know in the sacrament you are always confessing your sins to God and seeking reconciliation from him and not the priest. But feel more like I'm confessing to God when the priest is behind the screen than if I am sitting right in front of him. For me, there's more of a mystical sense that gives me greater peace.
Philippe Posted April 25, 2004 Posted April 25, 2004 i dont remember doing behind the screen cause at my Parish we dont have an actual Church building yet so we dont have confessionals so we are forced to do face to face i would prefer behind the screen however
Pio Nono Posted April 25, 2004 Posted April 25, 2004 JMJ 4/25 - Third Sunday of Easter Face to face seems too much like a conversation for me to keep my confession Christ-centered. I become too focused on the confessor's advice, &c. Behind the screen, I'm able to close my eyes and confess to the Father; that'd be kinda creepy if I'm sitting in front of the priest.
voiciblanche Posted April 25, 2004 Posted April 25, 2004 I can't remember the last time I confessed face-to-face; behind the screen is just what I do, kind of a habit like Jacob said. I'd be jittery face-to-face and probably wouldn't make a very good Confession.
mammo Posted April 25, 2004 Posted April 25, 2004 i always do it face to face. i have tried confessing behind a screen a while ago and it didn't feel...right, i guess.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now