[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1303627373' post='2231729']
Does drinking beer make me a heretic? :cry2:
[/quote]

Only if you're a Mormon. :joecool:

IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1303629341' post='2231738']
meh on beer.
[/quote]

I agree, Lil Red. But, since I have my own gustatory enjoyments (most of them involving sugar), I can't in good conscience deny to others what makes them happy. Plus, that leaves more beer for them, and more candy for me. :joecool:

I was a weird kid. I liked Easter more than Christmas because I'd rather get candy than almost any other kind of gift. It was even better because when I gave up something for Lent, it was always candy. Even as an adult, my mom sends me candy for almost every holiday. That way, she knows I will thoroughly enjoy her gift, and she doesn't have to make a lot of decisions.

As for hot cross buns, I love them. But, in all my years in Chicago, I have never been able to find a bakery that makes amesome hot cross buns. There was a bakery near where I used to work that make very good hot cross buns--the best I'd found, but still not great. However, this year I went without hot cross buns altogether, because I decided I'd rather go without than have a mediocre hot cross bun. Strange to think that the SF Bay Area has better hot cross buns (and donuts) than Chicago, but such appears to be the case. :idontknow:

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' timestamp='1303671088' post='2231880']
I agree, Lil Red. But, since I have my own gustatory enjoyments (most of them involving sugar), I can't in good conscience deny to others what makes them happy. Plus, that leaves more beer for them, and more candy for me. :joecool:

I was a weird kid. I liked Easter more than Christmas because I'd rather get candy than almost any other kind of gift. It was even better because when I gave up something for Lent, it was always candy. Even as an adult, my mom sends me candy for almost every holiday. That way, she knows I will thoroughly enjoy her gift, and she doesn't have to make a lot of decisions.

As for hot cross buns, I love them. But, in all my years in Chicago, I have never been able to find a bakery that makes amesome hot cross buns. There was a bakery near where I used to work that make very good hot cross buns--the best I'd found, but still not great. However, this year I went without hot cross buns altogether, because I decided I'd rather go without than have a mediocre hot cross bun. Strange to think that the SF Bay Area has better hot cross buns (and donuts) than Chicago, but such appears to be the case. :idontknow:
[/quote]
i just don't get beer. :idontknow: i like my liquor though :like:

IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1303671293' post='2231883']
i just don't get beer. :idontknow: i like my liquor though :like:
[/quote]

Like you, I just don't "get" beer. It's not that I don't like alcohol, it's that my body betrayed me by lacking the enzyme that turns alcohol into sugar. So, I never get that relaxed feeling from alcohol--I just go straight to sick. I don't want to test how many drinks it would take for me to succumb to alcohol poisoning.

However, I do like liquor--in VERY small doses, and usually (not surprisingly) sweet.

Your citron and Sprite sounds like something I'd like. I'll keep it in mind as a "non-sissy" option.

MissScripture

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1303629341' post='2231738']
meh on beer.
[/quote]
Agreed. Much better ways to drink alcohol!

IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1303675370' post='2231907']
Agreed. Much better ways to drink alcohol!
[/quote]

I don't want to hijack this thread, so feel free to reply somewhere else, but do you have any new Easter news from your Sister sister? (Yes, we care about you, too. We just don't hear as often about your Sister sister.)

MissScripture

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' timestamp='1303675591' post='2231910']
I don't want to hijack this thread, so feel free to reply somewhere else, but do you have any new Easter news from your Sister sister? (Yes, we care about you, too. We just don't hear as often about your Sister sister.)
[/quote]
My parents got an Easter card from her, but it was short and mostly just said she is super excited about coming home at the end of May, because she has a ton to tell us. I so can't wait! :proud: I can't wait to hear about Lent/Easter at the convent!

ETA: I wonder if she was letting out little squeals of excitement before/after the Easter vigil. :hehe:

IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1303675766' post='2231912']
My parents got an Easter card from her, but it was short and mostly just said she is super excited about coming home at the end of May, because she has a ton to tell us. I so can't wait! :proud: I can't wait to hear about Lent/Easter at the convent!

ETA: I wonder if she was letting out little squeals of excitement before/after the Easter vigil. :hehe:
[/quote]

LOL. Maybe AFTER the Easter Vigil. Don't religious Sisters usually get to talk and EAT AFTER the Easter Vigil? (Look at me talking, the big authority.) Before the Vigil, squealing might have been seen as irreverent (or maybe not, for all I know). I wonder if your sis had to give up squealing for Lent. :joecool:

When you get details, we want to hear all the news!

MissScripture

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' timestamp='1303677145' post='2231933']
LOL. Maybe AFTER the Easter Vigil. Don't religious Sisters usually get to talk and EAT AFTER the Easter Vigil? (Look at me talking, the big authority.) Before the Vigil, squealing might have been seen as irreverent (or maybe not, for all I know). I wonder if your sis had to give up squealing for Lent. :joecool:

When you get details, we want to hear all the news!
[/quote]
Yeah, I would imagine before the Vigil, squealing would be out of place, but how mad can they get after the Vigil? It's so exciting when Jesus is risen! :proud: :dance:

And I'm not sure how many details I will get before the end of May, when she comes home, but I am more than willing to share when I get any details. :like:

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1303677802' post='2231938']
vee's a chump
[/quote]
So's my face. :| Yes, I know I'm original. :|

Lil'Monster

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1303677802' post='2231938']
vee's a chump
[/quote]

mlkolbe must be drunk to say something like that about vee!

mlkolbe is Mr. Chump of Phatmass! lol

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1303627155' post='2231723']
[img]http://www.beer-pages.com/stories/news/images/honey.jpg[/img]

goes nicely with hot cross buns :like:
[/quote]

amesome!