hope4thenew Posted April 26, 2011 Posted April 26, 2011 i don't know if i wanna smell like "dark confessions"
Maximilianus Posted April 26, 2011 Posted April 26, 2011 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1303849908' post='2233562'] The real pope *was* at Avignon. In fact many were. Pope Clement V: 1305–1314 Pope John XXII: 1316–1334 Pope Benedict XII: 1334–1342 Pope Clement VI: 1342–1352 Pope Innocent VI: 1352–1362 Pope Urban V: 1362–1370 Pope Gregory XI: 1370–1378 [/quote] Oh, just marr my post with historical facts and stuff....I bid you good day sir!
Era Might Posted April 26, 2011 Posted April 26, 2011 [quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1303854036' post='2233609'] isn't a rose perfume kinda girly for a man? [/quote] Hey, if Joan of Arc could dress like a soldier, I can wear rose perfume.
Lil Red Posted April 26, 2011 Posted April 26, 2011 [quote name='Era Might' timestamp='1303858911' post='2233642'] Hey, if Joan of Arc could dress like a soldier, I can wear rose perfume. [/quote] true! i'm sure there is unisex rose perfume
Debra Little Posted April 26, 2011 Posted April 26, 2011 [quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1303848824' post='2233552'] [url="http://luckyscent.com/shop/detail.asp?itemid=21900"]http://luckyscent.co...sp?itemid=21900[/url] I ordered a sample for $3 a couple weeks back. I got it. It's AMAZING. I command you all to band together and buy this for me. If not, I will shut phatmass down and ban you all from the internet. Thanks. [img]http://www.luckyscent.com/images/products/21900.jpg[/img] [b]The description:[/b] [i]Powerful and intense, Avignon evokes the medieval city in the south of France which surpassed Rome as the Catholic Church's power center in the 14th century. It's the scent of gothic cathedrals and Papal palaces, of tapestries imbued with centuries of incense. Of cold marble steps, holy relics and dark confessions. The recognizable smells of frankincense and myrrh open the high mass of Avignon, giving way to the almost eye-smarting, gloriously smoky and resinous heart. A dry vanilla and soft Roman chamomile dull the edges of this reverent fragrance. Beautiful, dark and mysterious, Avignon takes its place among the most talked about (and admired) of CdG's entire line.[/i] Avignon Comme des Garcons Series 3: Incense by Bertrand Duchaufour [/quote] I don't think so lol!
JenDeMaria Posted April 26, 2011 Posted April 26, 2011 [quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1303854036' post='2233609'] [quote name='Era Might' timestamp='1303853655' post='2233604'] I prefer the odour of sanctity. [/quote] isn't a rose perfume kinda girly for a man? [/quote] ACTUALLY, I do believe the true odor of sanctity smells much more like lilies than roses.... [img]http://www.evansville-diocese.org/youth/pix/Saint%20Maria%20Goretti.jpg[/img][img]http://www.marypages.com/SaintJosephG.jpg[/img]
Lil Red Posted April 27, 2011 Posted April 27, 2011 i've always heard roses especially with incorruptibles.
fides' Jack Posted April 27, 2011 Posted April 27, 2011 [quote name='Era Might' timestamp='1303858911' post='2233642'] Hey, if Joan of Arc could dress like a soldier, I can wear rose perfume. [/quote] Women are sometimes called to be more than women, but men are never called to be less than men.
dominicansoul Posted April 27, 2011 Posted April 27, 2011 [quote name='Era Might' timestamp='1303853655' post='2233604'] I prefer the odour of sanctity. [/quote] Vee's odour of sanctity is gonna be the smell of crisp, frying bacon......
dUSt Posted April 27, 2011 Author Posted April 27, 2011 I love the descriptions on these things. [img]http://www.luckyscent.com/images/products/33920.jpg[/img] [b]Olibanum by Profumum [color="#FF0000"]$240[/color][/b] [i]Stone walls, gothic archways, flickering candles and chanting voices– all of these are evoked by Olibanum’s fierce opening salvo of incense. But the single strongest image is that of intense purification – of intricate curls of white smoke seeking out and banishing whatever malevolent spirits have gathered in the shadows. This austere beauty mellows into a calm and soothing scent with soft orange blossom emphasizing the airy, floating aspects of the incense and a base of warm and reassuring sandalwood. Lovely and wearable, but with an undercurrent of power and mystery that keeps it infinitely intriguing.[/i] [img]http://www.luckyscent.com/images/products/31505.jpg[/img] [b]Cardinal by HEELEY[color="#FF0000"] $150[/color][/b] [i]A mesmerizing incense blend that comes dangerously close to putting us into an actual trance. It conjures up a grand, stone-walled cathedral -- not dark, dank or gloomy, but a place of light, majesty and infinite calm. We can envision the dreamy tendrils of smoke rising through sunlight streaming in the stained glass windows and feel the reassuring warmth of wood and sun-warmed stone. Airy incense and resinous cistus intermingle with the deep, sweet earthiness of patchouli and vetiver, creating a fragrance that is both spiritual and grounded. Fans of Comme des Garcon’s Incense series (particularly Kyoto and Avignon) will want to try this, as well anyone who has been longing for an incense scent without gothic overtones. Warm and reassuring.[/i] See? And I only asked for the one that costs $80. hahaha
BramletAbercrombie Posted April 29, 2011 Posted April 29, 2011 I am so going to be getting some samples today - it's payday, so I think I can splurge a bit. I saw that they had candles and thought, that would be nice - and then saw that they were $80. Yeah, I think I'll be getting some samples for now.
Era Might Posted April 29, 2011 Posted April 29, 2011 [quote name='fides' Jack' timestamp='1303869203' post='2233746'] Women are sometimes called to be more than women, but men are never called to be less than men. [/quote] Tell that to Elizabethan actors.
Lisa Posted April 29, 2011 Posted April 29, 2011 [quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1303875682' post='2233801'] [i]Fans of Comme des Garcon's Incense series (particularly Kyoto and Avignon) will want to try this, as well anyone who has been longing for an incense scent without gothic overtones. Warm and reassuring.[/i] [/quote] I was very worried about the "gothic overones"
Ed Normile Posted April 29, 2011 Posted April 29, 2011 (edited) I agree that all of Dust' s friends should chip in and buy him this perfume, I mean the guy is admitting he smells badly and needs some help! His friends should contribute to cease his malodorous assault on the olfactory systems of those who have to be near him, its a good thing this guy hates me, saves me a buck or so... ed Edited April 29, 2011 by Ed Normile
Amppax Posted April 29, 2011 Posted April 29, 2011 You better watch out.... dUSt'll give you teh boot[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/like.gif[/img]
Nunsense Posted April 30, 2011 Posted April 30, 2011 I'm with MM - I have no income, but I'd hate to see pm close down - but I will pray for you - that somehow you can get some!
Papist Posted April 30, 2011 Posted April 30, 2011 This is what I use. [img]http://www.thepopescologne.com/images/Bottle_shots/BOTTLE_WITH_BOX_homepage_bl.jpg[/img]
BramletAbercrombie Posted May 3, 2011 Posted May 3, 2011 Got my samples today. I put on my Avignon, and when my husband walked by, he said "You smell like church!" Unfortunately, I don't think it's something I'll be able to wear every day, but it will be fun for, say, a night out dancing or something.
dUSt Posted May 4, 2011 Author Posted May 4, 2011 I would love it if everyone told me I smelled like church. Most of the time, when I walk by people, they say, "You smell like gumbo!"
FutureSister2009 Posted May 4, 2011 Posted May 4, 2011 That may make a lot of people sick since some people have asthma or are allergic to incense. Me, I'm neither here nor there. But I still don't like incense
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now