An Old School Catholic Message Board

Prayers Needed

JessicaKoch

JessicaKoch

As a discerning little soul one faces many challenges while still living "in the world".
Today was one of those days where things seemed to be going so right and suddenly goes very wrong.

I did my stalls at the barn, went to go pick up 3 baby oppssums from animal control, helped out at a city cleanup(and got covered in grey paint!), had my car cleaned, then heard that one of the best Officers at the local Police department was arrested for DUI, mearly a few hours later he killed himself.

While I didn't know this officer like I do some of the offficers with the department, it still leaves me in tears. Then on the local newspapers site where people can leave comments just horrifing! A PERSON DIED and here some are saying such things I don't wish to repeat!

What has happend to our communities?

Will you as my fellow discerning souls please pray for Capt. Matthew Tuttle and his family he left behind, his friends, co-workers and of course the victim in the crash and the community?

It would mean alot to me and I am sure to Tuttle's family too.

Thank you so much for letting me share

Your sensitive little discerningsoul,
Jessica

OnlySunshine

People can be so cruel. He has my prayers and so do those who are saying such negative things--that they come to see the mercy of God and find forgiveness. :amen:

AccountDeleted

When people seem particularly cruel to me, I try to remember that Jesus, who never hurt anyone, and only gave love, was tortured and spit on and laughed at, and in the midst of all of this, He asked His Father to forgive them because He understood that they just didn't know what they were doing. Not simply because they were doing this to God Himself, but because they were in darkness of soul.

I will certainly pray for Capt Matthew Tuttle and his family, but I will also be praying for the souls of those who have no idea what they are doing with their unkind and hurtful comments. As a religious, your mission will be to pray for others, not just those who are good, but more so for those who are not good and don't know what they are doing. This is good practice for you.

If you can, try to take your pain and distress and turn it into compassion, as our sweet Jesus did. No one knows the state of Capt Tuttle's soul at the time of his death, so we can safely entrust the care of his soul to our loving Lord.

:pray:

HopefulBride

Jessica,

I am so sorry your day went so horribly. I am even more sorry for the captain and his family, you all will definitely be in my prayers.

Hopeful

JessicaKoch

Thank you all for your support and prayers, it means alot to me.
I told my employer today that one of the officers died from our department and I am planning to goto services.
Even though I dont know Matt Tuttle like I know some of the other officers, I thought it be kind to show support to those officers that I do know during this distressing time.
I even have the departments badge with black stripe over it on my facebook page.

I do pray for souls that are hateful, hardened souls because that is what I feel called too to pray for, I can never forget my 'children'.

Today was better even though at Mass today I almost cried.

I know my beloved has me close to him.

Thank you,
Jessica

Edited by JessicaKoch