An Old School Catholic Message Board

Bin Laden Dead!

Cherie

dairygirl4u2c

“Faced with the death of a man, a Christian never rejoices, but reflects on the serious responsibility of each and every one of us before God and before man, and hopes and commits himself so that no event is an opportunity for further growth of hatred, but for peace." ~Vatican spokesman Father Federico Lombardi, S.J.

[quote name='RezaMikhaeil' timestamp='1304804525' post='2238492']
I do care because if you want to discuss someone else's religion, it's important to show respect. I do not recognize the Roman Catholic Patriarch, yet when I reference [His Holiness] Pope John Paul II, I put His Holiness infront of his name, even if I don't think so, to show respect to those around me. You obviously haven't learned that yet, so I'll refer you to a kindergarden sunday school class, to learn such basics. . . .
[/quote]
Me dumb conservative. Me flunk kindergarten. Me struggle with reading and comprehension.
Me not understand long fancy computer code gobbledygook talk.

You win. Islam GOOD! Obama GOOD! Cath-licks BAD!

Winchester

[quote name='AudreyGrace' timestamp='1304474638' post='2236679']
It's very sad to see Satan working through division, even on Catholic forums like these.
:sad2:
[/quote]
I like turtles.

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1304961050' post='2239150']
I like turtles.
[/quote]
they hate you.

[quote name='Sternhauser' timestamp='1304804970' post='2238496']
Factually, depending on who you ask, "Islam" means "submission to the god" or "the way of peace." Factually, the [mod]Negative criticism of other religion. -dUSt[/mod] are not submitting to God's will, nor is their belief system "the way of peace," or even [i]a[/i] "way of peace." Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth and the Life. The teachings of Mohammed contradict the teachings of the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. [mod]Negative criticism of other religion. -dUSt[/mod]' contradiction of scripture and their denial of Jesus Christ as His Son, is, factually, [i]not[/i] submission to God, nor can it lead to peace. [mod]Negative criticism of other religion. -dUSt[/mod].

~Sternhauser
[/quote]
Sorry, Mr. dUSt, sir, but the censorship of this post is completely out of line.

I had seen Sternhauser's original post, and while unfortunately I don't remember every word of it, I do remember it was all completely in line with Catholic teaching, and contained no gratuitous slurs or derogatory comments. It may have not been pc, but it was 100% truthful and honest.

Honest and real dialog about religious differences is impossible if we censor honest and direct talk concerning these differences. "Playing nice" by censoring any frank talk of why the religion of Mohammed is false by Christian standards, and pretending that the teachings of Islam are just fine and wonderful by Catholic standards does not fool anybody, and doesn't aid in conversion.

Maybe it's time to make a decision about whether the purpose of these boards is to Preach Holy Apostolic Truth, or to preach mushy politically correct relativism, and censor the preaching of the Gospel when it is politically incorrect, lest it be seen as folly to the Greeks and a stumbling block to the Jews.

If the answer is the latter, maybe it's time to reconsider promoting these boards as "Catholic."

And, go ahead, censor me here too if you like, but I won't be silent about this elsewhere.

And the truth is that translated literally, the word "Islam" means "Submission." It doesn't mean "peace" or "way of peace." That's just propaganda. Don't just take my word for it, ask any honest scholar of Arabic.

[quote name='Socrates' timestamp='1304961638' post='2239162']

And the truth is that translated literally, the word "Islam" means "Submission." It doesn't mean "peace" or "way of peace." That's just propaganda. Don't just take my word for it, ask any honest scholar of Arabic.
[/quote]
It means 'submission[i] to God[/i].'

Winchester

[quote name='rachael' timestamp='1304961127' post='2239152']
they hate you.
[/quote]
They hate your face.

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1304963633' post='2239188']
They hate your face.
[/quote]
I don't blame them.

[quote name='rachael' timestamp='1304963506' post='2239184']
It means 'submission[i] to God[/i].'
[/quote]
Yes, that's implied.

Though, of course, I deny that submission to the teachings of Mohammed the false prophet is truly submission to God.