An Old School Catholic Message Board

Innocent Persons Resisting Arrest

Don John of Austria

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Don John of Austria

[quote name='MithLuin' timestamp='1306419265' post='2246183']
Sure it is ;)

I have a minor in Medieval history. I recommend R. W. Southern's 'The Making of the Middle Ages' for a solid introduction to the topic. I don't think it was a terrible time at all, and I quite enjoy learning about a different world view that would not be commonly understood today. I also don't tend to romanticize history overly much.
[/quote]

Isn't that nice for you. The Focus of my Masters in History was Late Medieval Europe ( stupid course diversity requirments, making me take courses not in my Focus). I am not being romantic about history, there was lots of Democracy in the Middle Ages, the elction of Church canons, the election of city councilmen ( in some cities, certianly not all), even the election of Bishops. Was democracy used all the time, or for everything, no, and it certianly was not everywhere, Further, sufferage was not universal, but it was more so than many later democracies. Regardless, it was substantially more common than is generally acknowledged, even by many historians, especially those that tend to be big Renissance fans, a time in which much of that .

[quote name='Don John of Austria' timestamp='1306459238' post='2246434']
The end of that should say..."came to an end".
[/quote]

As did this thread :huh: you killed it don john :shock: