Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

The End Is Near... Repent


Recommended Posts

thessalonian
Posted

I posted an article on this a few months back. It's back in the news. Wonder if they will give me their love bus Friday night. No German Chocholate cake with the gooey frosting for me on my birthday this year. (my b-day is the 21st - please send your presents and money you were going to get me a day early.)

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/18/tick-tock-goes-the-doomsday-clock/comment-page-93/#comment-437786

Posted

End of the world soon? "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." Mt 24:36

thessalonian
Posted

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1305755130' post='2243331']
End of the world soon? "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." Mt 24:36
[/quote]

:clapping:
Well then I can have my cake and eat it too! :dance:

Posted

And, conversely, since none of us knows the day, we should be ready at any time to meet our Maker.



I think the hype for this is just to stop being too complacent about 2012 being [i]months[/i] away, and somewhat to deal with the resentment that the Aztecs (Mayans?) are getting all the attention.

ThePenciledOne
Posted

[quote name='MithLuin' timestamp='1305755317' post='2243335']
And, conversely, since none of us knows the day, we should be ready at any time to meet our Maker.



I think the hype for this is just to stop being too complacent about 2012 being [i]months[/i] away, and somewhat to deal with the resentment that the Aztecs (Mayans?) are getting all the attention.
[/quote]

bah who cares?

<_<:whistle:

thessalonian
Posted

[quote name='ThePenciledOne' timestamp='1305756004' post='2243337']
bah who cares?

<_<:whistle:
[/quote]
I care. It had better not happen on my b-day.

dairygirl4u2c
Posted

where is catholic fanatic to beaver dam you all for being sinners

Ash Wednesday
Posted

I should send a postcard to postsecret detailing how secretly scared I've always been at the prospect of ever being pregnant during the end times. :ninja:

Posted

[quote name='thessalonian' timestamp='1305756224' post='2243338']
I care. It had better not happen on my b-day.
[/quote]


You silly thing - what more beautiful day could there be for meeting Jesus face to face? It would be your REAL birthday for sure! It can happen on my birthday instead, if you like - that will be June 16th thank you very much. :)

thessalonian
Posted

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1305765703' post='2243386']
You silly thing - what more beautiful day could there be for meeting Jesus face to face? It would be your REAL birthday for sure! It can happen on my birthday instead, if you like - that will be June 16th thank you very much. :)
[/quote]

Ok. You have a point. I retract my rash statement based on my earthly desire for German Chochlate cake with goey frosting.

Posted

[quote name='thessalonian' timestamp='1305807137' post='2243549']
Ok. You have a point. I retract my rash statement based on my earthly desire for German Chochlate cake with goey frosting.
[/quote]


See, the thing is this....German chocolate cake with gooey frosting doesn't appeal to everyone because the same chemical reactions are interpreted differently by the brain in different people, which means that the pleasurable feelings associated with those reactions are.... wait.... let me put it another way....

Jesus tastes better :) !

:love:

let_go_let_God
Posted

If the world is ending on Saturday does that mean I have to go to work tomorrow?

God bless-
LGLG

thessalonian
Posted

[quote name='let_go_let_God' timestamp='1305814413' post='2243567']
If the world is ending on Saturday does that mean I have to go to work tomorrow?

God bless-
LGLG
[/quote]

Oh ye of little faith in Harold Camping.

let_go_let_God
Posted

[quote name='thessalonian' timestamp='1305819871' post='2243600']
Oh ye of little faith in Harold Camping.
[/quote]

You better believe it.


[u][i][b]If[/b][/i][/u] the we knew when the world was going to end, wouldn't my last day be best spent going to confession and spending the day with my husband?

God bless-
LGLG

Posted

For a couple of months there has been a giant billboard up saying "Judgment Day May 21, 2011" that we see whenever we travel up to my in-law's house. At first we thought it was just the [i]topic of the radio show for May 21 ...[/i] like you know how some Protestant churches show the topic of the upcoming Sunday sermon on their church marquee? Then we thought it was just a joke ... and then we realized they must actually think it's true.

What denomination are they? And like nunsense commented, haven't they read Matthew 24:36? :idontknow: And what will they do when ... errr, [i]if ...[/i] it doesn't happen?

Posted

Okay, Thessalonian - good news but perhaps also sad...

I have just read through the research and Harold Camping does not say the world will end on MAy 21st - he says the RAPTURE will take about 3% of the earth's population (around 200 million) but the world won't end until the 21st October - six months later. So you have time for your gooey chocolate cake and you will still get to see Jesus - but not right now....


that is unless you are one of the one's caught up in the rapture, but I think if you are eating gooey chocolate cake, God might just passover you this time, and wait til October! :) Happy now?

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

"The solemn temples, the great globe itself, yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, and, like this insubstantial pageant faded, leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff as dreams are made on; and our little life is rounded with a sleep."

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

To explain myself: I just watched this rad movie and [i]The Tempest[/i] was quoted a couple times.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gBj_GgSeG8[/media]

Posted

Really? German chocolate cake? Of the 7,899,461 kinds of cake on the face of the earth, you prefer German chocolate?

After you've read somebody's posts for a couple of years, you think you know 'em... and then they post some radically wild, off the wall comment that makes you stop & scratch your head... like, "Can this even be the same person I thought I knew?"

Whatever. To each his own, I guess. Happy birthday, even if it does include German chocolate cake.

Kilroy the Ninja
Posted

I just hope it can hold off until after 4:30 Central standard time. That's when confession starts at my parish. And my son's final baseball game of the season will be over by then. That would be really nice if it could just happen maybe say 7-ish...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...