An Old School Catholic Message Board

Christ The King Abbey - Benedictines

Maximilianus

Maximilianus

[color="#000000"][color="#000000"]This month formerly schismatic Benedictine community Christ The King Abbey in Cullman, Alabama has reconciled with the Church.
They celebrate the EF of the Mass on a regular basis
[/color]
[color="#000000"][size="2"]Daily Mass: 7 a.m.
Sunday Mass: 7 a.m. & 10 a.m.
Address: 5060 County Road 1635, Cullman, AL 35058-1716[/size]

[/color]
[color="#000000"]From their[/color] [url="http://www.christthekingabbey.org/Home.asp"]site
[/url][color="#000000"][quote]At the end of 2010, several weeks before the death of Abbot Leonard, the monks, with his permission, began the process of reconciliation of the monastery with the Church. In May of 2011, the monastery reopened its church to the public, and the Tridentine Mass is now offered again daily as it was before. In rendering obedience to the Church, the monks are rendering their obedience to Christ, Who Himself assured the predecessors of our present Pope and the bishops united with him, "He who hears you, hears Me." Authentic obedience to the Church demands submission to the authority of the Church, which the monks have demonstrated by doing the will of God in this matter. See the [/color][url="http://bhmdiocese.org/pdf/Christkingmonastery.pdf"]statement from the Bishop of Birmingham[/url] [/color][color="#000000"]for more information.[/quote] [/color]

Edited by Lil Red
fixed the title

faithcecelia

[quote name='Maximilianus' timestamp='1306795337' post='2247805']
[color="#000000"][color="#000000"]This month formerly schismatic Benedictine community Christ The King Abbey in Cullman, Alabama has reconciled with the Church.
They celebrate the EF of the Mass on a regular basis
[/color]
[color="#000000"][size="2"]Daily Mass: 7 a.m.
Sunday Mass: 7 a.m. & 10 a.m.
Address: 5060 County Road 1635, Cullman, AL 35058-1716[/size]

[/color]
[color="#000000"]From their[/color] [url="http://www.christthekingabbey.org/Home.asp"]site
[/url][color="#000000"] [/color]
[/quote]

Fantastic news, praise God!

truthfinder
:clap: very good news - there has been a gradual progression of previously "outside" the Church communities coming back or in the process - Praise God!

I shouldn't wonder that they're (former) schismatics - according to the title of this thread, they worship CHRIS the King. I couldn't be in full communion with any group unless they worship CHRIST the King.

But I am glad to know they're back in the Ramen Catholic Church.

Maximilianus

[quote name='Luigi' timestamp='1306816751' post='2248034']
I shouldn't wonder that they're (former) schismatics - according to the title of this thread, they worship CHRIS the King. I couldn't be in full communion with any group unless they worship CHRIST the King.

But I am glad to know they're back in the Ramen Catholic Church.
[/quote]

I was testing you Luigi...YOU PASSED!

[quote name='Maximilianus' timestamp='1306817841' post='2248044']
I was testing you Luigi...YOU PASSED!
[/quote]

I AM the word nerd! And yes, spelling counts! (But I'm glad I passed [i]some[/i]thing!)

Maximilianus

[quote name='Luigi' timestamp='1306818436' post='2248052']
I AM the word nerd! And yes, spelling counts! (But I'm glad I passed [i]some[/i]thing!)
[/quote]

I wish you would have noticed that before I hit the "post new topic" button

OnlySunshine

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1306819939' post='2248056']
i don't see any problem :|
[/quote]

rotfl