crusader1234 Posted April 26, 2004 Posted April 26, 2004 Whats your view on heaven? I'd like to think I just go back to relive summers at the beach forever without temptation. And then whenever I wanted to be able to go chat with God, the Saints, etc. I don't understand what heaven holds for the faithful. Dante never wrote about heaven!
Thy Geekdom Come Posted April 26, 2004 Posted April 26, 2004 [quote]I don't understand what heaven holds for the faithful. Dante never wrote about heaven![/quote] Ummm...Dante did write about heaven. It's the third section of the Divine Comedy: Paradisio. Heaven is centered on the Beatific Vision...the feeling of Eucharistic Adoration times infinity!
Livin_the_MASS Posted April 26, 2004 Posted April 26, 2004 [quote name='crusader1234' date='Apr 25 2004, 09:07 PM']Whats your view on heaven? I'd like to think I just go back to relive summers at the beach forever without temptation. And then whenever I wanted to be able to go chat with God, the Saints, etc. I don't understand what heaven holds for the faithful. Dante never wrote about heaven![/quote] [url="http://www.ewtn.com/library/PAPALDOC/JP2HEAVN.HTM#Heaven"]HEAVEN!!![/url]
crusader1234 Posted April 26, 2004 Author Posted April 26, 2004 ill check that book out. neat website. thanks. (sorry about forgettng the divine comedy im not the brightest)
Thy Geekdom Come Posted April 26, 2004 Posted April 26, 2004 [quote](sorry about forgettng the divine comedy im not the brightest)[/quote] lol...don't sweat it...
the_rev Posted April 26, 2004 Posted April 26, 2004 Visionaries have described heaven as a place where people are all dressed in White.
cathgirl Posted April 26, 2004 Posted April 26, 2004 I've always pictured myself giving God a big hug as soon as I got there!! I also have imagined talking to the saints and Jesus!!
crusader1234 Posted April 26, 2004 Author Posted April 26, 2004 I don't think I could hug God. Not at first anywyas. I'd hug Jesus and give Mother Mary a big kiss.
crusader1234 Posted April 26, 2004 Author Posted April 26, 2004 The hugging God thing kind of reminds me of the way the Pevensies (hahahahaha) wanted to hug Aslan but never did until he said ok. WOW IM COOL.
Iacobus Posted April 26, 2004 Posted April 26, 2004 I think of the book the Lovely Bones when thinking about heaven.
CreepyCrawler Posted April 26, 2004 Posted April 26, 2004 that was a good book but i didn't agree at all with its view of heaven. there wasn't even a god in that heaven, it was more of a state of mind. interesting idea, but no true at all. i think heaven will be perfect happiness. what that will be like, who knows, but it will be nice!
rckllnknny Posted April 26, 2004 Posted April 26, 2004 i think everyones gonna get really mad at me when i say this. but it seems like everyone has different opinions. but it jus seems like to me when were little kids we were told beatiful things. like heaven is everything you can imagine. everyone who dies will be there. we'll all be angels. little fluffy that passed away is up in heaven. and i personally think i will have my soul mate there too. jus my two cents -not up for debate. its not important for me to force these opinions on anybody. i believe in everything. all opinions too. i thing EVERYTHING fits together into Gods plan. heaven is HEAVEN!-to me that means anything you want. and i think everyones gonna get even madder at me for saying this too, but its not jus something i believe with all my heart- its something i KNOW. huh, GOD?
cathgirl Posted April 28, 2004 Posted April 28, 2004 [quote name='crusader1234' date='Apr 25 2004, 10:26 PM'] I don't think I could hug God. Not at first anywyas. I'd hug Jesus and give Mother Mary a big kiss. [/quote] I meant Jesus, but since He is God, I didn't know how to put it. I have imagined hugging Jesus though...
crusader1234 Posted April 28, 2004 Author Posted April 28, 2004 jesus is my homeboy. hahahahahahahaha. anyways yeah i dont know about heaven but dante's inferno sure has lots to say about helll!
Iacobus Posted April 28, 2004 Posted April 28, 2004 [quote name='CreepyCrawler' date='Apr 26 2004, 09:08 AM'] that was a good book but i didn't agree at all with its view of heaven. there wasn't even a god in that heaven, it was more of a state of mind. interesting idea, but no true at all. [/quote] I didn't mean that it was as it is in that book but I mean we could see life unflod before us and Heaven will be what we see a perfect (filled with cool people and it will look like the Midwest, at least to me, lol) Probly not but it is a cool idea.
fewbutmany Posted April 28, 2004 Posted April 28, 2004 I think heaven is unimaginable. No one knows what it will be like, because its beyond our human concept. All I know is that I hope to see you all there!!!!!!!!!!!
Thomas Michael Posted April 28, 2004 Posted April 28, 2004 I wrote something not too long ago on what I think heaven would be like... at [url="http://users.ev1.net/~tmoverbeck/mind-039.html"]http://users.ev1.net/~tmoverbeck/mind-039.html[/url]
XIX Posted April 28, 2004 Posted April 28, 2004 [quote name='rckllnknny' date='Apr 26 2004, 12:29 PM'] i think everyones gonna get really mad at me when i say this. but it seems like everyone has different opinions. but it jus seems like to me when were little kids we were told beatiful things. like heaven is everything you can imagine. everyone who dies will be there. we'll all be angels. little fluffy that passed away is up in heaven. and i personally think i will have my soul mate there too. jus my two cents -not up for debate. its not important for me to force these opinions on anybody. i believe in everything. all opinions too. i thing EVERYTHING fits together into Gods plan. heaven is HEAVEN!-to me that means anything you want. and i think everyones gonna get even madder at me for saying this too, but its not jus something i believe with all my heart- its something i KNOW. huh, GOD? [/quote] I am not aware of that being anti-catholic or anything. I totally agree with the whole soul-mate thing, I like to imagine it that way. I like to think that, in our own "room" in heaven, we experience an emotion that has never been felt by anyone in the history of mankind...except God I suppose. What if your soul mate goes to hell, though? Anyways, it only makes sense that Heaven would have so many different descriptions. It's a mystery that is so awesome that we can't imagine it. So when we try, we're all scattered and such.
ilovechrist Posted April 28, 2004 Posted April 28, 2004 heaven... when i hear that, i think of hiking with Pier Giorgio, building churches with St. Francis, and so much more.. enjoy a Strong Bad email with St. Joseph (assuming he's never been there, i'll have to show him how cool the site is)... yeah it'd be arockin..
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now