littleflower+JMJ Posted April 26, 2004 Posted April 26, 2004 now that you are Home, i have this question to ask you......please think and answer for i am most curious.....its a question to a saying that probalby makes the most sense to you....... *drum roll please* [b]Is it true.........that all Roads Lead to Rome?[/b] yes, i know the saying and its history, but as converts and your journey, you have taken, that has bought you here....... im most interested...
dUSt Posted April 26, 2004 Posted April 26, 2004 Actually, I-35 leads to Waco, and eventually San Antonio.
Sojourner Posted April 26, 2004 Posted April 26, 2004 Seriously, though .... In my journey, this is the only place I could end up. From where I stand now looking back, I can see that God guided me in this direction, slowly but surely (and sometimes kicking and screaming along the way) ... so my road did lead to Rome. I know lots of people whose roads haven't led directly to Rome (but I think they're missing some road signs along the way).
KennC Posted April 26, 2004 Posted April 26, 2004 I agree very much, also looking back. Just events in my life and people I met, their attitudes and manner, a "Preach the Gospel and use words when needed" thing. That and a "lacking" I always felt, .. through Prayer and asking for "Truth" I know God led me to His Son in the Eucharist. Peace of Christ, Ken
homeschoolmom Posted April 26, 2004 Posted April 26, 2004 [quote name='dUSt' date='Apr 26 2004, 12:08 AM'] Actually, I-35 leads to Waco, and eventually San Antonio. [/quote] Uhh... no... Actually, I 35 leads to Minneapolis and eventually to Duluth... It's all in your perspecitive, dUSt...
homeschoolmom Posted April 26, 2004 Posted April 26, 2004 Seriously... I guess I had pullings toward Catholicism for many years in jr/sr. high. But I totally took a different "road" in college and afterwards... it was not a bad road and if I hadn't taken it, I wouldn't have ended up "in Rome"... It's like I was travelling down the road and a car came and picked me up and zoomed me way ahead... I wasn't waiting for it... didn't expect it... didn't even want to get in... I was happily hitchhicking down the road. Actually... I think I was in another car and I jumped from one car to the other... very scary...
Phazzan Posted April 27, 2004 Posted April 27, 2004 It's Catholicism or agnosticism for me, one or the other.
PedroX Posted April 27, 2004 Posted April 27, 2004 If you are honest, then the answer is yes. Once you start really looking and reading, and praying you can only find Rome or unhappiness. peace...
Phazzan Posted April 27, 2004 Posted April 27, 2004 [quote name='PedroX' date='Apr 27 2004, 08:37 AM'] If you are honest, then the answer is yes. Once you start really looking and reading, and praying you can only find Rome or unhappiness. peace... [/quote] I disagree. Plenty of Muslims and other breeds of religious identity prosper in their faith and find "true" happiness, according to their own testimonies at least. Some appear quite convinced their beliefs are full and accurate and our's are complete rubbish.
littleflower+JMJ Posted April 27, 2004 Author Posted April 27, 2004 thanks for sharing guys, im really enjoying these!!
lil bull 04 Posted April 27, 2004 Posted April 27, 2004 I think all roads do lead to Rome because almost every Christian religion can trace Christianity back to the days of the apostles. To be completely honest I'm really glad I found this place people on here are so nice and really helpful and very encouraging. It's great to see that. It was something Lutherans don't seem to do enough of. Lutherans seem so somber all the time. We just celebrated Easter but yet it seems like Jesus is still dead because no one ever smiles. Another thing that bugs me about Lutherans is how they are always ripping on the Catholic's. The thing is if they'd stop to realize that they came from the Catholic Church at one point and time they might actually stop if they realized how similar we are. I go to a Lutheran school and in my religion class all the pasor does is rip on Catholics. It's so sad because I have alot more Catholic friends than I do Lutheran and well its sad because I have went to a Lutheran school all my life and well it seems as if all Lutherans treat each other the same. They seem to leave people out of things and break up into llittle groups. My friends from the Catholic school whenever they take me to stuff at their school their friends that don't know me are alway so nice to me and they don't care that I go to a Lutheran school they act as if I'm one of them. On the contrary when I take my Catholic friends to my school my friends start making fun of them as soon as they find out what school they go to. I find this sad and wrong. I've said stuff to my friends about it because it isn't right but yet they still don't seem to be act any different. Any advice?
Fiat_Voluntas_Tua Posted April 27, 2004 Posted April 27, 2004 I am from Kansas and even the golden brick road leads to Rome....It is the Home for those who trully want the Truth. Some think they know the Truth, but I know I know the Truth, and It lies inside the Roman Catholic Church. Pax et Agape per Maria, Andy
PedroX Posted April 28, 2004 Posted April 28, 2004 Phazzan, How many Muslims or "other breeds of religious identity" (your words, not mine) truly read church history, or official Church documents? This is what my post was referring to. Sorry it wasn't more clear. peace...
Phazzan Posted April 28, 2004 Posted April 28, 2004 [quote name='PedroX' date='Apr 27 2004, 10:28 PM'] Phazzan, How many Muslims or "other breeds of religious identity" (your words, not mine) truly read church history, or official Church documents? This is what my post was referring to. Sorry it wasn't more clear. peace... [/quote] Everyone has their own interpretation of history. Rome became my home because to me it was quite clear the Catholic Church was the one founded by Christ, although I didn't specifically study any historical texts or do much research on it.
homeschoolmom Posted April 28, 2004 Posted April 28, 2004 I think truth is kinda like a grain of sand to an oyster. It irritates so much that eventually it produces a pearl. If you go looking for the truth, you find it. If you don't-- you won't... (although I guess sometimes truth wacks you on the head without warning... so there goes my whole analogy!)
Sojourner Posted April 28, 2004 Posted April 28, 2004 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Apr 28 2004, 08:51 AM'] I think truth is kinda like a grain of sand to an oyster. It irritates so much that eventually it produces a pearl. If you go looking for the truth, you find it. If you don't-- you won't... (although I guess sometimes truth wacks you on the head without warning... so there goes my whole analogy!) [/quote] I think you're right, hsmom. That's how my experience was. I never wanted to leave my other church -- to the contrary, I loved it very much and love many of the people there -- but once I started thinking about the Catholic Church I couldn't get it out of my head.
RachelB87 Posted April 28, 2004 Posted April 28, 2004 I feel like a visit to Rome would be totally cool. It would be a real eye-opener to my faith, and I wouldn't question it any further.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now