MIKolbe Posted July 12, 2011 Posted July 12, 2011 'Whether you think you can or you can't..... you're right" - Illusions, Bach
Lil Red Posted July 12, 2011 Posted July 12, 2011 [quote name='Azriel' timestamp='1310477881' post='2266314'] You sister is wise indeed. Of course, you are too my dear. Life does indeed go on, whether we wish it to, or not. You are not in this alone, no one need to carry the burdens of the whole world by themselves. Someone already did that for you. [/quote] Thanks Az.
Azriel Posted July 12, 2011 Author Posted July 12, 2011 [quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1310482494' post='2266333'] Thanks Az. [/quote] Anytime love. Anytime. Goodness knows, we need to stick together.
Papist Posted July 12, 2011 Posted July 12, 2011 Don't scream 'Hi' to your friend Jack in the airport.
Sarah147 Posted July 12, 2011 Posted July 12, 2011 [quote name='Papist' timestamp='1310493809' post='2266397'] Don't scream 'Hi' to your friend Jack in the airport. [/quote] Nor tell a friend that "der da bomb!" in an airport.
Papist Posted July 13, 2011 Posted July 13, 2011 [quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1310505529' post='2266547'] Nor tell a friend that "der da bomb!" in an airport. [/quote] Especially if your friend is a muslim.
BG45 Posted July 14, 2011 Posted July 14, 2011 [quote name='Papist' timestamp='1310556160' post='2266834'] Especially if your friend is a muslim. [/quote] Actually in my cohort, the only one of us who has never experienced a problem with the TSA is the Muslim girl from Pakistan.
MissScripture Posted July 14, 2011 Posted July 14, 2011 [quote name='BG45' timestamp='1310609636' post='2267211'] Actually in my cohort, the only one of us who has never experienced a problem with the TSA is the Muslim girl from Pakistan. [/quote] I know a guy who is have white, half Chinese, but looks like he could be pretty much any ethnicity except white or black. He said he's randomly gotten stopped in the middle of the airport (after going through security) for a check of his bags, and gets stopped for ever "random" search. The best part is, his mom is a TSA agent.
Mary Magdalene Posted July 14, 2011 Posted July 14, 2011 95% of the time I am always right about stuff
SoylentGreene Posted July 14, 2011 Posted July 14, 2011 I learned that 1-You can trust Jesus no matter what and 2- That's a really good thing because you can't trust most people most of the time.
Totus Tuus Posted July 14, 2011 Posted July 14, 2011 The biggest, most life-impacting life lesson I've learned is to [b]trust in God for everything and know He takes care of everything[/b]. As a recovering worry-holic, this philosophy has changed my life. I think it started when I read St. Faustina's diary about eight years ago.
BG45 Posted July 14, 2011 Posted July 14, 2011 [quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1310609817' post='2267214'] I know a guy who is have white, half Chinese, but looks like he could be pretty much any ethnicity except white or black. He said he's randomly gotten stopped in the middle of the airport (after going through security) for a check of his bags, and gets stopped for ever "random" search. The best part is, his mom is a TSA agent. [/quote] That's horrible! I was at a conference with a friend who was interning at the time for the US Marshals, and he is one now. He got stopped and searched, white as can be. However, he made the mistake of being snide about it, and trying to throw his weight around that he was going to be a US Marshal. When we got to Seattle his bag had a note in it from the TSA that it had been randomly searched for security purposes, and several hundred dollars of cologne had made it out of their plastic bags that glass bottles had been in, to shatter all over his clothing. A life lesson I've learned? I have no fears when I sit before the Blessed Sacrament in Adoration.
Faith 1st Posted July 16, 2011 Posted July 16, 2011 The lesson that I have learned... Just because your world stopped doesn't mean the world stopped for others.... So you [b]HAVE [/b]to get up every morning whether you want to or not.
MargaretTeresa Posted July 16, 2011 Posted July 16, 2011 1. God is always gonna do something to throw a wrench in the plans. 1a. This is usually a good thing. 2. I need to be more humble. 3. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar. :D
Cru Jones Posted July 16, 2011 Posted July 16, 2011 Never jump to a conclusion until you hear both sides of the story.
Azriel Posted July 17, 2011 Author Posted July 17, 2011 [quote name='Faith 1st' timestamp='1310856436' post='2268381'] The lesson that I have learned... Just because your world stopped doesn't mean the world stopped for others.... So you [b]HAVE [/b]to get up every morning whether you want to or not. [/quote] Amen!
BG45 Posted July 17, 2011 Posted July 17, 2011 Sometimes you have to walk away from what you've always wanted to find what God wants for you.
Maximilianus Posted July 18, 2011 Posted July 18, 2011 Keep your finger straight and off the trigger until you are ready to fire
MissyP89 Posted July 18, 2011 Posted July 18, 2011 Never point a gun at anyone, unless you intend to hurt them, even if the safety locks are on and it's unloaded. I grew up watching [url=http://www.nrahq.org/safety/eddie/]Eddie the Eagle[/url].
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now