An Old School Catholic Message Board

84 Years In The Cloister

DameAgnes

Clare~Therese

Wow!
I especially liked that she said:
[quote]"It’s a grace from God," she says. "I know that many won’t understand my way of living, but I don’t understand any other."
And:
After 84 years as a cloistered nun, Sister Teresa says that the greatest gift she has received has been prayer: "Without it, one cannot sustain oneself. I never cease repeating: 'Thank you, forgive. Thank you, forgive.'"[/quote]

Really I just liked the whole thing.

[url="http://www.romereports.com/palio/Sister-Teresita-103-years-old-world039s-longest-serving-recluse-english-4453.html"]Video and interview[/url] of this 103 yo Cistercian nun in Buenafuente de Sistal, Spain.
Enjoy[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/clap2.gif[/img]

faithcecelia

[quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1309640462' post='2262240']
I would be ACHING for Heaven like crazy in my older years.
[/quote]

I was honoured to spend time sitting with an elderly sister during her last days. Sadly her passion was longer than anyone had wished, and many times she would whisper 'Jesus, please hurry up'.

[quote name='faithcecelia' timestamp='1309642190' post='2262253']
I was honoured to spend time sitting with an elderly sister during her last days. Sadly her passion was longer than anyone had wished, and many times she would whisper 'Jesus, please hurry up'.
[/quote]

And yet there is suffering in Purgatory. I just feel such comfort in knowing that we have secured faith forever once in Purgatory; we'll never fall into sin again! :smile2:

faithcecelia

[quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1309642560' post='2262255']
And yet there is suffering in Purgatory. I just feel such comfort in knowing that we have secured faith forever once in Purgatory; we'll never fall into sin again! :smile2:
[/quote]

I tend to think of it more as a time of education not suffering. And I think some manage to pass the test pretty quickly :saint:

[quote name='faithcecelia' timestamp='1309643021' post='2262261']
I tend to think of it more as a time of education not suffering. And I think some manage to pass the test pretty quickly :saint:
[/quote]

I was told something along those lines about it being education. There is that feeling of wanting to be with Jesus and yet not there yet, and that's is a kind of hurt, maybe?

Ahh! I'm so so grateful to be Catholic and I pray to live and die still a Catholic. JMJ :love:

Edited by JoyfulLife

faithcecelia

[quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1309643160' post='2262263']
I was told something along those lines about it being education. There is that feeling of wanting to be with Jesus and yet not there yet, and that's is a kind of hurt, maybe?
[/quote]

But how can we know if its a decade or a moment? So many people have claimed to see God there waiting for them in there last moments, I don't think many of them are in the sort of state where they could make it up.

[quote name='faithcecelia' timestamp='1309643274' post='2262266']
But how can we know if its a decade or a moment? So many people have claimed to see God there waiting for them in there last moments, I don't think many of them are in the sort of state where they could make it up.
[/quote]

I don't know, I was just referring to those that are in Purgatory for sure. :)

Wasn't it a Fatima child that asked the Blessed Virgin about their friend that died. Mary said that their friend would be in Purgatory until the end of time or end of the world.

Edited by JoyfulLife