Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

During the Papal Schism, when we had rival men in Rome, Avignon, and Pisa, which line does the Church state were the true succession of Popes? My guess would be the Roman Popes, but I'm not sure so I thought I'd ask.

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

The short answer is that there was a lot of confusion and debate, but basically because the papal election in Rome was first it was the valid one. This is the position that became widely accepted during and after the reunion movement.

God bless.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...