An Old School Catholic Message Board

Invalid Confession Question?

havok579257

havok579257

Ok so I know lying in confession is a sin. Although my question is what if you tell an untruth in confession but had no intention do deceive. After confessing my sins the priest was asking me a question about if i am receiving help in a certain area of my spiritual life. I said something that was untrue without even thinking about it. After confession I realized then that what I told the priest was not true. So my qustion is, is that considered lying and does that invalidate the confession?

[quote name='havok579257' timestamp='1311450823' post='2274439']
Ok so I know lying in confession is a sin. Although my question is what if you tell an untruth in confession but had no intention do deceive. After confessing my sins the priest was asking me a question about if i am receiving help in a certain area of my spiritual life. I said something that was untrue without even thinking about it. After confession I realized then that what I told the priest was not true. So my qustion is, is that considered lying and does that invalidate the confession?
[/quote]

You said something that was untrue without thinking about it............there you have your answer, no intention no sin