An Old School Catholic Message Board

For All You Dominicans Out There!

LaPetiteSoeur

LaPetiteSoeur

Happy Feast Day!

I was on Catholic Cuisine looking for food ideas for today and found this amesome joke:

[i]A young man is thinking of becoming a Catholic priest, so he goes to talk to his pastor about the different religious orders. "What can you tell me about the Dominicans?" he asks.

"Oh, they were formed in the Thirteenth Century to combat the Albigensian heresy," the priest replies.

"And the Jesuits?"

"They formed in the Sixteenth Century in response to the Protestant Reformation."

The young man looks puzzled. "So what's the big difference between them?"

"When was the last time you met an Albigensian?"[/i]

[i] [/i]Yay DOMINICANS!!!!!!!!

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]A Franciscan and Jesuit were debating which order was the greatest. So, they decided to ask for a sign from God. This is what they received falling down from heaven:[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]My sons, [/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Please stop bickering about such trivial matters,[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Sincerely,[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]God, O.P.[/font][/size]

Edited by Lisa

Little Flower

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1312835551' post='2283450']
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]A Franciscan and Jesuit were debating which order was the greatest. So, they decided to ask for a sign from God. This is what they received falling down from heaven:[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Please stop bickering about such trivial matters,[/font][/size]

[/quote]
I've heard this before! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! its gonna be my new signature!

Maximilianus

[url="http://corpusimmobiliserrantemanimum.blogspot.com/2011/08/santo-domingo.html"]http://corpusimmobiliserrantemanimum.blogspot.com/2011/08/santo-domingo.html[/url]

she_who_is_not

Sorry: off-topic Jesuit joke below:

The mother of a newborn son went to consult with her parish priest about his future. The priest told her to lay out a Bible, a wallet, and a bottle of whiskey and see which item the baby chose. The object, the priest informed the mother, would indicate his future career. If he chose the Bible, he would be a priest. If he chose the wallet, a banker and if he chose the whiskey he would be a drunk. A week later the mother returned to the priest confused. "Father," she said, "He chose all three!" "Ah," the priest said, "A Jesuit."

MessorCarus

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1312835551' post='2283450']

[/quote]

:rotfl: