An Old School Catholic Message Board

Newly Professed Dominican Friars

Luigi

[b] [size=6][size=3]Taken from the blog domincan Cooperator Brother of the (central) Province of St. Albert the Great. Anyone have news from the other provinces? [/size][/size][/b]

[b] Sunday, August 14, 2011[/b]

[b] <a href="http://dominicancooperatorbrother.blogspot.com/2011/08/simple-profession-of-vows-2011.html">[color="#cc6411"]Simple Profession of Vows 2011[/color][/b]

[url="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-07FFibEqOaU/TkexnJHkm7I/AAAAAAAACY4/o82Z3iWXUPw/s1600/Profession%2B003.JPG"][img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-07FFibEqOaU/TkexnJHkm7I/AAAAAAAACY4/o82Z3iWXUPw/s320/Profession%2B003.JPG[/img][/url]Today the Province of St. Albert the Great, USA, celebrates the simple profession of seven novice brothers: (rear from left to right) Brs. Joseph, Vincent, Isaac, Benedict, (front) Raphael, Samuel, and James Peter. They are a gifted and prayerful group of young men that the province is quite proud of, and eager to see move forward with theological and philosophical studies in St. Louis.

They will profess simple vows this evening at St. Dominic's Church in Denver, CO (the parish church just across the street from the novitiate). You may recall that in St. Albert's Province, we profess simple vows for two years, and then renew simple vows for another two years, before applying for solemn vows.

The seven newly professed brothers will then move out of the novitiate and fly to St. Louis tomorrow to begin life there at St. Dominic's Priory. I will be flying to St. Louis tomorrow, as well, and look forward to greeting these brothers. I will also be visiting the new St. Dominic's Priory, which is steadily moving toward completion.

We have six new novices taking the place of these seven. May their year in Denver be a spiritually fruitful one. We also have a new friar stepping in as novice master, as Fr. Louis Morrone, OP leaves that post to begin work as socius of the new provincial, Fr. Charles Bouchard, OP. The new novice master is Fr. Robert Keller, former pastor of St. Paul Catholic Center at Indiana University in Bloomington, IN.

Please join me in praying for these brothers and for vocations to the Dominican Order of Preachers.

God Bless,
Br. Paul, OP

[quote name='Luigi' timestamp='1313471928' post='2288960']
[b] [size=6][size=3]Taken from the blog domincan Cooperator Brother of the (central) Province of St. Albert the Great. Anyone have news from the other provinces? [/size][/size][/b]

[b] Sunday, August 14, 2011[/b]

[b] <a href="http://dominicancooperatorbrother.blogspot.com/2011/08/simple-profession-of-vows-2011.html">[color=#cc6411]Simple Profession of Vows 2011[/color][/b]

[url="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-07FFibEqOaU/TkexnJHkm7I/AAAAAAAACY4/o82Z3iWXUPw/s1600/Profession%2B003.JPG"][img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-07FFibEqOaU/TkexnJHkm7I/AAAAAAAACY4/o82Z3iWXUPw/s320/Profession%2B003.JPG[/img][/url]Today the Province of St. Albert the Great, USA, celebrates the simple profession of seven novice brothers: (rear from left to right) Brs. Joseph, Vincent, Isaac, Benedict, (front) Raphael, Samuel, and James Peter. They are a gifted and prayerful group of young men that the province is quite proud of, and eager to see move forward with theological and philosophical studies in St. Louis.

They will profess simple vows this evening at St. Dominic's Church in Denver, CO (the parish church just across the street from the novitiate). You may recall that in St. Albert's Province, we profess simple vows for two years, and then renew simple vows for another two years, before applying for solemn vows.

The seven newly professed brothers will then move out of the novitiate and fly to St. Louis tomorrow to begin life there at St. Dominic's Priory. I will be flying to St. Louis tomorrow, as well, and look forward to greeting these brothers. I will also be visiting the new St. Dominic's Priory, which is steadily moving toward completion.

We have six new novices taking the place of these seven. May their year in Denver be a spiritually fruitful one. We also have a new friar stepping in as novice master, as Fr. Louis Morrone, OP leaves that post to begin work as socius of the new provincial, Fr. Charles Bouchard, OP. The new novice master is Fr. Robert Keller, former pastor of St. Paul Catholic Center at Indiana University in Bloomington, IN.

Please join me in praying for these brothers and for vocations to the Dominican Order of Preachers.

God Bless,
Br. Paul, OP
[/quote]

Not much news from other provinces, but in the Province of St. Joseph (East) there were about 20 novices this year!!!!!!

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='Amppax' timestamp='1313501388' post='2289014']

Not much news from other provinces, but in the Province of St. Joseph (East) there were about 20 novices this year!!!!!!
[/quote]

Wow! Dominicans sure are taking over the world.... :saint2: :woot:

sistersintigo

The novices who have just arrived in Denver will indeed have fr Bob Keller for their novice master, replacing fr Morrone. There is a retreat a little less than one week long, which the new novices have with a retreat master, someone separate. Then fr Keller and the novices begin their novitiate year together after the retreat.
When the outgoing simple professed began as novices, there were nine of them at first; they must have lost one or two on the way to simple profession this month.

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1313602055' post='2289958']
My friend just entered the Province of St. Joseph! He is now "Br. Maurice"!
[/quote]

really? i probably know him!

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1313602055' post='2289958']
My friend just entered the Province of St. Joseph! He is now "Br. Maurice"!
[/quote]

"Some people call me Mau-rrrrrice
'Cuz I speak of the power of love."
- Steve Miller

I want to help plan the music for this guy's vow ceremony.

Maximilianus

[quote name='Luigi' timestamp='1313640182' post='2290401']

"Some people call me Mau-rrrrrice
'Cuz I speak of the power of love."
- Steve Miller

I want to help plan the music for this guy's vow ceremony.
[/quote]

Steve Miller is a post Vatican II innovation...

[quote name='Maximilianus' timestamp='1313649212' post='2290471']

Steve Miller is a post Vatican II innovation...
[/quote]

Dern tootin' he is! And so is the electric guitar!

(Whole lots o' props to Maximilianus!)