An Old School Catholic Message Board

It's Saturday!

Maximilianus

when I was a kid, from the age of about 8 to 12 my Saturday routine was getting up at the time the Saturday morning cartoons began (didn't always happen that way). It was a skill of navigating the 3 channels NBC, CBS abs ABC , switching back and forth, watching the best cartoons until noon when they tapered off. At the time we did have cable, but with the exception on Nickelodeon there were no cartoons, plus the stuff they showed on Nickelodeon wasn't as good as the stuff on network TV. Then I spent the rest of the day outside, with no adult supervision, doing a myriad of activities that ranged from innocuous games to feats of daring that in retrospect were bad ideas. I was back home by dark, a lot of the kids in my neighborhood had to be in when the street lights came on.   I had to be in when my mom told me to, which on a good Saturday was well after the sun went down. I was usually in the front yard or close to the house and I would get the order, "Mira! Entra, ya esta tarde!" I would respond with "awww man, but there's no school tomorrow." That defense never worked

Hurrah Saturday.

It's Saturday.  I woke up at the crack of dawn and had to go to a 10K.  The office I work at sponsors runs in our local community.  Next up is our Homecoming 5K.  I think I can run that one.  10K...not so much.  

Slept all day, now I'm back at the office hangin with my bestie as we work harder than anyone else in this office... "why are we always the only ones here after hours?"  But it's fun!  Glad he's my coworker cos this job would be a lot less interesting...

I went old school at the range today, M1 Garands and scoped M1903 Springfield. 

I might go even older next time with cap & ball revolvers.

dominicansoul

Woke up thinking of Vee.  Then I remembered Laeticia Crucis was taking her vows today.  Totally forgot about Vee and the Little Flower after that... :o

Maximilianus
11 hours ago, Papist said:

pumpkin beer

gag-me.gif

There are certain brewers that don't do it right, it's about the only adjunct I like for non Belgian beer.