An Old School Catholic Message Board

Did You Know?

LinaSt.Cecilia2772

That is amesome.

Did you know that before he was Pope, John Paul II was skiing and accidentally crossed into another Soviet nation where he was imprisoned by the border guards for not having a passport. When asked for his identity, he said he was the Cardinal-Archbishop of Krakow. One guard snorted that if he was, then he was the Pope. An hour later there was a call from Moscow demanding the Cardinal-Archbishop's release and demanding to know if they were trying to cause an uprising in neighboring Poland.

Did you know that shortly after his election, John Paul II wanted a swimming pool at the Vatican? The Curia argued it would be too expensive, he counter-argued it was cheaper than yet another conclave in a short period of time if he died from lack of exercise. He won the argument and continued to use it until a couple of years before his death, first for exercise and later for physical therapy.

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1320607303' post='2332272']
Did you know that shortly after his election, John Paul II wanted a swimming pool at the Vatican? The Curia argued it would be too expensive, he counter-argued it was cheaper than yet another conclave in a short period of time if he died from lack of exercise. He won the argument and continued to use it until a couple of years before his death, first for exercise and later for physical therapy.
[/quote]

Wow! I didn't know that, but it doesn't suprise me really, and is a super razzle dazzle fact!

Im wearing trainers with a skirt, which looks awful, but means I can manage without crutches - small price to pay!