Brother Adam Posted April 28, 2004 Posted April 28, 2004 I'm longing for the Eucharist. And now I have to wait a year. Not fair. :irate: Patience is a virtue. I can't remember how many times I've said that. Now it's backfiring.
littleflower+JMJ Posted April 28, 2004 Posted April 28, 2004 my little brother is making his First Communion this Sunday!! that little stinker!! *sniff* im so proud of him!! dont worry!! say the prayer until the day you can!! [i][u]Spiritual Communion[/u] I believe that You, O Jesus, are in the most holy Sacrament. I love You and desire You. Come into my heart. I embrace You. Never leave me. May the burning and most sweet power of Your love, O Lord Jesus Christ. I beseech You, absorb my mind that I may die through love of Your love, who were graciously pleased to die through love of my love. Saint Francis [/i] and heres another, almost identical, both really great!! [i][u]Spiritual Communion Prayer[/u] My Jesus, I believe that You are present in the Most Holy Sacrament. I love You above all things, and I desire to receive You into my soul. Since I cannot at this moment receive You sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace You as if You were already there and unite myself wholly to You. Never permit me to be separated from You.[/i] i know how you feel! im so happy cuz i went to daily mass today and im extra happy, perky and smilely (wait isthat even possible?! LOL) to recieve Jesus!! there are no words!!1 nor smilies!! im praying for ya !
geetarplayer Posted April 28, 2004 Posted April 28, 2004 God bless ya, Brother Adam! -Mark P.S. My girlfriend's brother is also receiving First Communion this Sunday.
Brother Adam Posted April 28, 2004 Author Posted April 28, 2004 [quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Apr 28 2004, 04:01 PM'] :rotfl: [/quote] I'm glad I've humored you!
Livin_the_MASS Posted April 28, 2004 Posted April 28, 2004 God Bless You Bro Adam, thats the best news I could ever hear brother! If you do what littleflower said it will help! May God Bless You Jason
Fiat_Voluntas_Tua Posted April 28, 2004 Posted April 28, 2004 I know what that wait is like...I went to daily Mass for a year without receiving Holy Communion...Each day that passed increased my LOVE for my Lord in the Most Blessed Sacrament. Don't be impatient...use this time to fall in Love with Christ so when you receive Him on Easter you can fully be ready for Him to dwell in your body. Pax et Agape per MAria, Andy
littleflower+JMJ Posted April 28, 2004 Posted April 28, 2004 [quote name='thywillbedone7' date='Apr 28 2004, 03:18 PM'] I know what that wait is like...I went to daily Mass for a year without receiving Holy Communion...Each day that passed increased my LOVE for my Lord in the Most Blessed Sacrament. Don't be impatient...use this time to fall in Love with Christ so when you receive Him on Easter you can fully be ready for Him to dwell in your body. Pax et Agape per MAria, Andy [/quote] amen!!! :wub:
Lil Red Posted April 28, 2004 Posted April 28, 2004 i love the spiritual communion prayer. very nice!
Livin_the_MASS Posted April 28, 2004 Posted April 28, 2004 I was getting ready to tell you the samething! Nice
Lil Red Posted April 28, 2004 Posted April 28, 2004 thanks, Iacobus cropped and shrunk it for me, since I couldn't do it. Isn't it wonderful?! :hearts: :hearts: :wub: :wub:
ilovechrist Posted April 28, 2004 Posted April 28, 2004 i serve for the First Communion Mass this sunday... very cool. Bro Adam, when were you finally convinced? just out of curiosity..
ilovechrist Posted April 28, 2004 Posted April 28, 2004 i'm full of good questions.. just give me a good topic
Brother Adam Posted April 28, 2004 Author Posted April 28, 2004 (edited) You'll have to buy my autobiography when it comes out. lol. Umm....I donno. I just sorta realized I was at one point. Not so much convinced of the doctrinal stuff. You can make a case for anything, honestly. Something did though. I like to think of it as the Spirit putting me in a headlock and dragging me back as I kicked and screamed until I was too tired to anymore. Edited April 28, 2004 by Brother Adam
homeschoolmom Posted April 28, 2004 Posted April 28, 2004 [quote name='Brother Adam' date='Apr 28 2004, 03:00 PM'] I'm longing for the Eucharist. And now I have to wait a year. Not fair. :irate: Patience is a virtue. I can't remember how many times I've said that. Now it's backfiring. [/quote] Having to wait makes it all the sweeter... When we decided to reconcile, it was Feb. we had to decide quickly between Easter '04 or '05... '04 seemed too soon, but we just didn't want to wait another year. I'm glad we went this year. I can't imagine sitting there like a schmuck for another year... (just kidding, Adam...) I wish I had known about that prayer... it's really nice.
littleflower+JMJ Posted April 28, 2004 Posted April 28, 2004 “The greatest love story of all time is contained in a tiny white Host.” – Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen [url="http://www.mbprice.com/therealpresence/pea-sayingssaints.htm"]http://www.mbprice.com/therealpresence/pea-sayingssaints.htm[/url]
ilovechrist Posted April 28, 2004 Posted April 28, 2004 [quote name='Brother Adam' date='Apr 28 2004, 04:35 PM'] You'll have to buy my autobiography when it comes out. lol. [/quote] it'll be on the bestseller list for a year! i'm glad that you had posted that thread in the Debate Table (who wants to make me a Catholic first).... i was able to offically start posting what i knew about the subject in there, with the Apologetics class i've been taking the last couple years..
Iacobus Posted April 28, 2004 Posted April 28, 2004 I don't think I could stand waiting, lol. But a year is much better than forever.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now