Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

yes, another topic where i ask a question, showing all of you how ignorant i am in this computer thing.

Ive only had my computer since January.

You guys do all these neat things here and I wanna know how to do it.
Please. I am trying to fight the good fight on another web site and some of the stuff you guys do here and post here would really help me there, instead of trying to write it all down on paper, then type it ALL on the other site.

1. How can you quote something from another site and have it show up here. Justified Saint did it on 'wisdom from a protestant'

2. How do you 'cut and paste'

I am sure there are also other questions I will have but those two would be my first in a series of many, I am sure.

PA-WEASE HELP ME!!!!

Edited by Quietfire
Posted

to quote from another site,

copy (CTRL-C) from that site

start a new topic or add to a topic already by clicking the "Quote" button

paste (CTRL-V)

Click the Quote button again

Posted

yeh, okay.................

WHAT?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

sorry, what is confusing? :unsure:

Posted

Okay to copy you want to seltecte the text (I assume u are on a PC) and it will be highlighted blue. To do this put your mouse on the bottom or top and the text and click and hold and drag the mouse until you seltec what you want. Now on the keypad press and hold CRTL (far left or right bottom of the alpha area) and press C.

To get the quote box (I know HTML so BB wasn't a hard change) you are going to want to type [*Quote*] without the stars. Than you are going to put the typer thingy after the second bracket and type the quote.

If you are pasting you put the curisur there and hold CRTL and press V. The copied text should appear (note: you can only copy one thing at a time).

To end the quote box type [*/QUOTE*] without the *'s again.

Posted (edited)

okay, I admit I am an absolute idiot.

Its easy for you guys but I am stumped.
so lets start easy (for me)

Ok, I see a particular statement here on Phatmass. I want to take THAT statement, and have it appear on a completely different website to back up something I am trying to say.
Mind you, I dont want them to know where I am getting it from. So no web address or peoples names here for protection.
Just the actual statement.

does that help?

Oh, and I have a dell PC windows XP. anything else?

Edited by Quietfire
Posted

okay.


where's your manual?

jus kiddin! :P

I'm not really good at explaining things, so hopefully someone can back us up here.

Posted

I guess I should say that I tried the way that its been explained so far but as soon as i hit the quote button, it just showed up on the reply page and thats not what I needed it to do.

I need to be able to take it out of Phatmass-land and put it somewhere else. Lets just call it buggerland.

Posted

BUMPITY BUMP

cmotherofpirl
Posted

Find the text you like.
then put you finger on the mouse button,
hold it done and drag it over the text:
the text will turn blue.

Put your mouse over it and click the right button.
a little menu will pop up
Click the word copy.

that blue section is now copied.


then go whereever you want to put it
right click the mouse on the spot you want to put something.
the little menu will pop up
hit paste
and whatever you copied will appear. :)

Posted

ok I am gonna try it. I hope it works. thanks cmom.

so I know about the blue thing,
and I right clicked and the menu came up.
then i just leave phatmassland, go to buggerland, and after i sign in, hit reply(all are left clicks so Im safe)
I go to reply and right click. the window comes up and i select paste.

is that it?

Posted

yes that was a good explanation

cmotherofpirl
Posted

Yep.
Did it work?

Posted (edited)

IT WORKED!!!

I posted it on the other site.

I am sure Max may be angry with me, but I have to put my 2 cents in.
Thanks to all.
Thanks to Cmom
Thanks to Justified Saint.

Love you all.

Edited by Quietfire
Posted (edited)

Now that I have the cut and paste thing down, I would like to try more options.

If i wish to respond to say, several different posts, at once. can i do that?

we can use this thread to teach and test,

I opened this topic,

Lil Red responded
Cmom responded
aznsonny responded
iacobus responded

all follow so far?

Now....I want to respond to each and all of you in one shot.

Ive seen it done here but cant figure out how its achieved.
If I hit the 'quote' button on, lets say Lil Reds, response to me then I can only respond to her post. I want to be able to respond to all, of the above, in one shot.

Get it?
I guess this is lesson 2.

BUMP

Edited by Quietfire
Posted

BUMP

Posted (edited)

wow!

I cant believe it. I think I've stumped you guys. Usually by now I would have received one or two suggestions.

*I cut and pasted it to here on page 2 so you dont have to scroll down all of Page 1*


Now that I have the cut and paste thing down, I would like to try more options.

If i wish to respond to say, several different posts, at once. can i do that?

we can use this thread to teach and test,

I opened this topic,

Lil Red responded
Cmom responded
aznsonny responded
iacobus responded

all follow so far?

Now....I want to respond to each and all of you in one shot.

Ive seen it done here but cant figure out how its achieved.
If I hit the 'quote' button on, lets say Lil Reds, response to me then I can only respond to her post. I want to be able to respond to all, of the above, in one shot.

Get it?
I guess this is lesson 2.

Edited by Quietfire
Posted

no, you didn't stump me, i'm just trying to figure out a way to explain it (i'm very bad at explanations.)

Posted

just try explaining your way, If I'm confused, I'll tell ya.

IcePrincessKRS
Posted

Copy the text you want to quote and paste it to the compose box, then on either side of it put [QUOTE*] text goes here [/QUOTE*] minus the stars. Put your reply, then do the same for the next section you want to reply to.

Make sense or confusing?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...