Thy Geekdom Come Posted April 29, 2004 Posted April 29, 2004 [quote]I hear that Sweden is one of the most liberal and secular nations in the entire world. Ick.[/quote] All of Scandanavia and the Benelux Countries are bad. I had a stop-over in the Netherlands on my way back from Italy. I won't be specifc, but lets just say that the bathrooms had certain machines that had to do with contraception and pornography all at once...
CreepyCrawler Posted April 29, 2004 Posted April 29, 2004 i think someone posted an article on here before about how sweden just outlawed child porn and now animal porn is on the rise. i am never visiting scandanavia!
geetarplayer Posted April 29, 2004 Posted April 29, 2004 Kids with homosexual parents may be an insteresting topic, but why put it on Nick? Bleh. :ph34r:
Phikoz Posted April 29, 2004 Posted April 29, 2004 even more reason for the idea of a Catholic Teen Television Station
Ash Wednesday Posted April 30, 2004 Posted April 30, 2004 Actually in Scandinavia the people tend to be quite restrained, socially speaking and still have a lot of Lutheran influence. It's rather odd. The general policy, unfortunately, is "live and let live", which doesn't jive with the Gospel -- you know, becoming so "open minded" your brains fall out. But I will say there ARE people of good will there, people faithful to the Gospel, and it isn't ENTIRELY populated by hedonists. I don't think Americans should get the idea that we're necessarily a "morally superior" country. It's that kind of mindset that will put us right where they are today with what we see and the nature of laws that protect the family. I wouldn't call Italy particularly a beacon of morals from what I saw when I was there (you know, for example the street venders in public places selling those "nifty" secret neckties that had the nudies on the backside, I even had a man proposition me when I was on the way to MASS at the Vatican. Talk about something that ruined my Sunday morning..) Pray for the conversion of the entire world.
Iacobus Posted April 30, 2004 Posted April 30, 2004 [quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='Apr 29 2004, 10:32 PM'] Actually in Scandinavia the people tend to be quite restrained, socially speaking and still have a lot of Lutheran influence. It's rather odd. The general policy, unfortunately, is "live and let live", which doesn't jive with the Gospel -- you know, becoming so "open minded" your brains fall out. But I will say there ARE people of good will there, people faithful to the Gospel, and it isn't ENTIRELY populated by hedonists. I don't think Americans should get the idea that we're necessarily a "morally superior" country. It's that kind of mindset that will put us right where they are today with what we see and the nature of laws that protect the family. I wouldn't call Italy particularly a beacon of morals from what I saw when I was there (you know, for example the street venders in public places selling those "nifty" secret neckties that had the nudies on the backside, I even had a man proposition me when I was on the way to MASS at the Vatican. Talk about something that ruined my Sunday morning..) Pray for the conversion of the entire world. [/quote] I understand what you are talking about, that is what happens when you adacve mentally and socaly but negelct morals. Those neckties, I haven't seen the type you are talking about, but my dad gave me one of his dads from the 40's. The object on the back has more clothes on than some of the girls in my school and is covering about 75% of her body. Morals have dropped quite a bit for something that was that bad in the 40's to be considered okay for children today.
Ash Wednesday Posted April 30, 2004 Posted April 30, 2004 No kidding. Did anybody read about Abercrombie and Fitch that sold THONGS for young girls?
Iacobus Posted April 30, 2004 Posted April 30, 2004 I am happy to say that my state, IL, and its Dem AG called for a boycott of A&F and, if I am correct, filed legal action. Pround to be from IL!
BeenaBobba Posted April 30, 2004 Posted April 30, 2004 [quote name='geetarplayer' date='Apr 29 2004, 03:22 PM'] Kids with homosexual parents may be an insteresting topic, but why put it on Nick? Bleh. :ph34r: [/quote] Exactly! It would be interesting to get an objective look at their lives, but I doubt that's going to happen. We all know that the secular media is pretty biased. What I have a problem with re: the Nickelodeon thing is that the program is more than likely going to promote homosexual behavior and relationships as part of an "alternative lifestyle" that should be accepted as normal -- and to [i]children[/i]. I'm not liking that at all. I hear Rosie O'Donnell might be involved as well. She's not exactly "tolerant" of opposing points of view. God bless, Jennifer
BeenaBobba Posted April 30, 2004 Posted April 30, 2004 [quote name='Raphael' date='Apr 29 2004, 01:53 PM'] All of Scandanavia and the Benelux Countries are bad. I had a stop-over in the Netherlands on my way back from Italy. I won't be specifc, but lets just say that the bathrooms had certain machines that had to do with contraception and pornography all at once... [/quote] Eww, are you serious? Wow, that's awful. God bless, Jennifer
BeenaBobba Posted April 30, 2004 Posted April 30, 2004 [quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='Apr 29 2004, 11:32 PM'] Actually in Scandinavia the people tend to be quite restrained, socially speaking and still have a lot of Lutheran influence. It's rather odd. The general policy, unfortunately, is "live and let live", which doesn't jive with the Gospel -- you know, becoming so "open minded" your brains fall out. But I will say there ARE people of good will there, people faithful to the Gospel, and it isn't ENTIRELY populated by hedonists. I don't think Americans should get the idea that we're necessarily a "morally superior" country. It's that kind of mindset that will put us right where they are today with what we see and the nature of laws that protect the family. I wouldn't call Italy particularly a beacon of morals from what I saw when I was there (you know, for example the street venders in public places selling those "nifty" secret neckties that had the nudies on the backside, I even had a man proposition me when I was on the way to MASS at the Vatican. Talk about something that ruined my Sunday morning..) Pray for the conversion of the entire world. [/quote] Hi Ash, I'm pleased to read that there are people in Sweden who do reject hedonistic secularism. I agree that America isn't too far behind in that respect.
BeenaBobba Posted April 30, 2004 Posted April 30, 2004 ...meaning that America is becoming increasingly secular and hedonistic. God bless, Jennifer
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now