An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vocation Contact--Finally!

OnlySunshine

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1316107506' post='2305086']

All the time!

I am very excited! I still have to wait to hear from the VD. I sent her another email last night telling her the great news and asking the details of how to sign up for the retreat. :)
[/quote]

sweet

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1315882338' post='2304054']
I am saying finally, not because of the vocations director getting back to me, but because I finally had the courage to keep the lines of communication open with her. So many times, God would send the VD my way or send someone to tell me to contact the Religious Sisters of Mercy and it would be at such a supposed inconvenient time for me that I would be like "Nevermind" and would email the VD back to tell her that I had moved on to another order or had stopped discerning altogether. Now, I seem ready to embrace that God is indeed showing me that I need to seek a little further what He has been showing me all along. I got the message during Adoration this weekend to be patient and trust in Him and He will deliver.

Well, indeed He has! I just got an email message from the VD tonight! She asked me a few questions about my discernment, so I have to pray and send the answers back to her. Please pray for me to be patient with God and give this beautiful order a chance for once. :)
[/quote]

I'm so happy for you!!! :)

Can you all please pray for me to hear from the Vocation Director soon? It's been a few days since I emailed her about the donation and I still haven't heard from her. I would like to buy my plane ticket ASAP before the prices go up again, but I need to confirm the arrival at Flint airport. I'm starting to wonder if I should call her. Maybe she is too busy to sit down in front of a computer right now? :unsure:

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1316272202' post='2305827']
Can you all please pray for me to hear from the Vocation Director soon? It's been a few days since I emailed her about the donation and I still haven't heard from her. I would like to buy my plane ticket ASAP before the prices go up again, but I need to confirm the arrival at Flint airport. I'm starting to wonder if I should call her. Maybe she is too busy to sit down in front of a computer right now? :unsure:
[/quote]

Never hurts to try and follow-up. You can just let her know that you wanted to follow up to your email and try to confirm a visit date before you go ahead with the purchase of tickets. Let her know that because your friend is generous enough to offer to pay for the ticket, you would like to keep her cost as low as possible...

Prayers for you!
HB

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1316272948' post='2305831']

Never hurts to try and follow-up. You can just let her know that you wanted to follow up to your email and try to confirm a visit date before you go ahead with the purchase of tickets. Let her know that because your friend is generous enough to offer to pay for the ticket, you would like to keep her cost as low as possible...

Prayers for you!
HB
[/quote]

Well, my friend already gave me the money so I definitely don't want to have to ask for more. I'm planning to call the VD this afternoon after I run a few errands. :)

Well, I have left a voice mail on the VD's phone. I was hoping that she wouldn't answer because I get so nervous talking to VDs that I wanted to be prepared when she calls back. I have started writing a list of questions. I called her about a half hour ago, so I probably won't hear from her until later tonight at the earliest. :)

The VD called me a little while ago to say that she received my voicemail but wasn't able to talk for very long because she was headed to dinner. She asked if she could call me back tomorrow afternoon. I am really looking forward to our talk. She is so sweet on the phone. :)

Well, the travel details are still having to be worked out. I asked if I could stay until Monday so the VD has to get confirmation from her Superior and will call me back later this evening. I hope things are worked out and that I can buy my ticket tonight. :)

Also, I wanted to mention how beautiful Mass was this morning! It was so appropriate since I was talking to the VD and my new friend is leaving Wednesday morning to go to England and join the Benedictine Sisters. Father gave her a blessing and she was so sweet that she was in tears. I am, fortunately, going to be able to spend more time with her since I offered to drive her to a function at Church. Please pray for her. She is not a good flyer, but is handling it very well. :)

(BTW, I almost cried this morning when we sang "The Summons" as the recessional hymn. That song gets to me everytime! :sad:

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1316372532' post='2306312']
Well, the travel details are still having to be worked out. I asked if I could stay until Monday so the VD has to get confirmation from her Superior and will call me back later this evening. I hope things are worked out and that I can buy my ticket tonight. :)

Also, I wanted to mention how beautiful Mass was this morning! It was so appropriate since I was talking to the VD and my new friend is leaving Wednesday morning to go to England and join the Benedictine Sisters. Father gave her a blessing and she was so sweet that she was in tears. I am, fortunately, going to be able to spend more time with her since I offered to drive her to a function at Church. Please pray for her. She is not a good flyer, but is handling it very well. :)

(BTW, I almost cried this morning when we sang "The Summons" as the recessional hymn. That song gets to me everytime! :sad:
[/quote]
Yay! I'm so excited (as always) that everything is working out for you.
The Summons always gets me too, don't worry about it. "You are mine" is another one that gets me. Both soo beautiful!
I will be praying for your friend, her trust in God is amazing!

Im so pleased you are managing to get this sorted quite soon, it will be good for you I think.

Do you know which community your friend is entering over here?

[quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1316373927' post='2306333']
Yay! I'm so excited (as always) that everything is working out for you.
The Summons always gets me too, don't worry about it. "You are mine" is another one that gets me. Both soo beautiful!
I will be praying for your friend, her trust in God is amazing!
[/quote]

I am very excited! :)

[quote name='faithcecelia' timestamp='1316374153' post='2306339']
Im so pleased you are managing to get this sorted quite soon, it will be good for you I think.

Do you know which community your friend is entering over here?
[/quote]

My friend will be entering the Benedictine Sisters of Our Lady of Grace and Compassion in Brighton. I looked them up and they are a beautiful order! She is already a nurse with many years of experience, so she should be able to go straight into the apostolate when her early years of formation are finished. :)

All the details have been hashed out. Sister called me earlier and I'm signed up to go to the November retreat. I'm buying my ticket, now! I am very excited and I have such peace about visiting. I was thinking how quickly this seems to be going and, normally, I would be concerned and anxious, but I am very quiet and still because I see God's hand in all of this and I accept it wholeheartedly. I am still very giddy inside because of how much I want to visit them. Sister is such a sweetheart. I think she is about my age or a little bit older. We talk like we are old friends, so I am happy about that. I can't wait to meet all of them! :)

Edited by MaterMisericordiae