An Old School Catholic Message Board

Which Vd Have You Heard From?

TheresaThoma

So I have seen at least a couple of threads about VDs getting back to people :clap: so I figured we might as well have a thread about all of them. This way we can all support each other and pray for each other (and not clutter up the forum). Come and share who you have heard back from and even who you are still waiting for.

I'll start us off. I just heard back from the Sisters of Life. Their assistant VD wants to call and talk to me. I'm sooo nervous about it. I really just sent the web form in on a whim but who knows! I also got a packet from the Nashville Dominicans. I sent the general info form back to them so it should get there sometime this week. I'm still waiting to hear back from the Religious Sisters of Mercy of Alma and the DSMME.

Who have you heard from? :smile2: :nun1:

MargaretTeresa

[quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1315959780' post='2304449']
So I have seen at least a couple of threads about VDs getting back to people :clap: so I figured we might as well have a thread about all of them. This way we can all support each other and pray for each other (and not clutter up the forum). Come and share who you have heard back from and even who you are still waiting for.

I'll start us off. I just heard back from the Sisters of Life. Their assistant VD wants to call and talk to me. I'm sooo nervous about it. I really just sent the web form in on a whim but who knows! I also got a packet from the Nashville Dominicans. I sent the general info form back to them so it should get there sometime this week. I'm still waiting to hear back from the Religious Sisters of Mercy of Alma and the DSMME.

Who have you heard from? :smile2: :nun1:
[/quote]

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH! SISTERS OF LIFE!!!!! I hate that they won't talk to me for another few years. Makes me feel like :wall:

Oh well. We all know where I'm gonna end up.

Can I quit school now?

(But Krissy and Sr MM say :scholar: :nun: . I say :wall: :doh: )

I have heard from quite a few VDs over the 4 years I've been discerning. Most recently, it has been from:

Religious Sisters of Mercy in Alma, MI (I really want to visit here soon!)
Sister Servants of the Eternal Word (I emailed to say that it would still be a while for my visit, but I am starting to think I might not go)
Carmel in Terre Haute, IN (I asked Mother Mary Clare for reading material; I'm not interested in entering there at all, even before I asked for material)
Sisters of Our Lady Immaculate (I don't know why because I don't feel attracted there :idontknow: )
Sisters of St. Francis of Perpetual Adoration (on a whim, I contacted them, but I'm not sure I would want to visit)

In the past, I got in touch with:

Sisters of Life
Franciscan Sisters of Renewal (visited here in January 2010; effectively ruled them out)
Sisters of the Most Holy Soul of Christ
Carmel of Savannah, GA
Carmelite DCJ Sisters in St. Louis, MO (visited here in August 2008; effectively ruled them out)
Carmelite DCJ Sisters in Milwaukee, WI (where I almost entered in 2009)
Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate
Carmel in Buffalo, NY (I wanted, so badly, to visit there, but never did)
Little Sisters of the Poor (Sr. Constance kept extending the offer to visit, but I don't feel called there)
Dominican Sisters of St. Cecilia (since I don't feel called to be a teacher, I ruled them out)
Dominican Sisters of the Immaculate Conception
Carmel of Denmark, WI (this monastery's pictures are truly beautiful)
Dominican Sisters of Hawthorne

Most of these, I just contacted for information. I never formally discerned most of them because I didn't feel called to do so. :)

Today is truely a blessed day for me! I just got a reply back from the Religious Sisters of Mercy of Alma. :w00t: The VD offered to help me connect up with the Sisters that live near me!!! So excited! :nun2:

MT Patience! Also I have no idea why the Sisters of Life would want to talk to me but I guess that I will find out.

[quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1315973727' post='2304503']
Today is truely a blessed day for me! I just got a reply back from the Religious Sisters of Mercy of Alma. :w00t: The VD offered to help me connect up with the Sisters that live near me!!! So excited! :nun2:

MT Patience! Also I have no idea why the Sisters of Life would want to talk to me but I guess that I will find out.
[/quote]

WOW! 2 responses to two different people on Phatmass on two separate days! Neato! I have yet to get a response back from the email I sent in reply last night, but I know it may take her some time to read it because it was pretty long. :)

Those I have heard back from for four years of discerning

NDs
DSMME
Sisters of Reparation to the Sacred Heart
RSMs.

Sr. ME was so so understanding of my parents' wish for me to finish university before I enter! Whew. that was one thing I was worried about!

I heard back from Sr. JA of the DSMME :) HAPPY DAYS!!!!!! :nun2:

TheresaThoma, I would think you should be hearing from them fairly soon. Things are starting to slow down a touch, I think. Prayers for your chat with the SoL's! They have such a beautiful charism/mission!

[quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1316014602' post='2304590']
Please pray for me at 3:30 EST today. Thats when I will be talking to the Sisters of Life!
[/quote]
Prayers! My friend's twin should be a novice, now. It's so exciting that they're getting so many new vocations!

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1315960890' post='2304455']
(But Krissy and Sr MM say :scholar: :nun: . I say :wall: :doh: )
[/quote]

ALWAYS LISTEN TO KRISSY!!!

:hehe2:

Thank you for the prayers! I had a wonderful chat with the Sisters of Life assistant VD (Sr Bethany). It turns out though that they do not accept anyone who is currently on medication (you have to be off for three years). Since I am on a medication it means that I will not be discerning with them further. In a way I am kind of relieved because I was in between on whether or not they were an order I was called to. So finding this out now helps me move on in my discernment.

Lisa I am so happy you heard from Sr JA. Isn't she wonderful?

[quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1316039812' post='2304751']
Thank you for the prayers! I had a wonderful chat with the Sisters of Life assistant VD (Sr Bethany). It turns out though that they do not accept anyone who is currently on medication (you have to be off for three years). Since I am on a medication it means that I will not be discerning with them further. In a way I am kind of relieved because I was in between on whether or not they were an order I was called to. So finding this out now helps me move on in my discernment.

Lisa I am so happy you heard from Sr JA. Isn't she wonderful?
[/quote]

I'm sorry to hear that, but I knew that they didn't accept me with medication. Have you considered contacting the Religious Sisters of Mercy? They are more forgiving of situations like ours.

InPersonaChriste

My friend is actually having a Sister of Life visit her while she is at her families house. as a cool note

I have contacted:
PCPA's desertnuns who were great but told me i was to young to be considered yet.
Nashville Dominicans who gave me a packet but also told me I was to little
Visitation nuns in Chile- we keep good correspondence
Benedictines of Mary- They are slow to contact but definitely worth it.

[quote name='InPersonaChriste' timestamp='1316043423' post='2304775']
[b]My friend is actually having a Sister of Life visit her while she is at her families house. as a cool note[/b]

I have contacted:
PCPA's desertnuns who were great but told me i was to young to be considered yet.
Nashville Dominicans who gave me a packet but also told me I was to little
Visitation nuns in Chile- we keep good correspondence
Benedictines of Mary- They are slow to contact but definitely worth it.
[/quote]

**emphasis mine**

Neato! That would so amesome to have a Sister visit my home. ;)

Mater I have gotten in contact with the Religious Sisters of Mercy and I will hopefully be visiting their house that is near me.