MissScripture Posted September 20, 2011 Author Posted September 20, 2011 He went to 5 stores with me. I got one pair of pantaloons. Apparently, pregnant women aren't meant to wear skirts or dresses. *sigh*
faithcecelia Posted September 21, 2011 Posted September 21, 2011 [quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1316562421' post='2307815'] He went to 5 stores with me. I got one pair of pantaloons. Apparently, pregnant women aren't meant to wear skirts or dresses. *sigh* [/quote] Oh dear. Were you looking for dresses? If so, what about tryng a summer maxi-dress with tops over it and tights when winter comes? Hope this helps
missionseeker Posted September 21, 2011 Posted September 21, 2011 [url="http://www.amazon.com/gp/browse/ref=sr_tc_2_1?node=1285244011&ie=UTF8&qid=1316563426&sr=8-2-tc"]http://www.amazon.com/gp/browse/ref=sr_tc_2_1?node=1285244011&ie=UTF8&qid=1316563426&sr=8-2-tc[/url] My sister got hers from Motherhood & Maternity (or whatever) and loves them.
MissScripture Posted September 21, 2011 Author Posted September 21, 2011 I'm thinking of looking at some of the non-maternity dresses (seriously, the maternity dresses were about 3 inches longer than the maternity shirts. While the maternity shirts are generally longer than regular shirts, that is because they are covering baby bump. Which means, an extra couple of inches doesn't cover THAT much more!) that have empire waists and are made of stretchy material. But even a lot of those are on the shorter side. What is wrong with wearing dresses that cover your butt?
missionseeker Posted September 21, 2011 Posted September 21, 2011 [quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1316563535' post='2307828'] I'm thinking of looking at some of the non-maternity dresses (seriously, the maternity dresses were about 3 inches longer than the maternity shirts. While the maternity shirts are generally longer than regular shirts, that is because they are covering baby bump. Which means, an extra couple of inches doesn't cover THAT much more!) that have empire waists and are made of stretchy material. But even a lot of those are on the shorter side. What is wrong with wearing dresses that cover your butt? [/quote] uh... the fact that they cover your butt. Duh.
MissScripture Posted September 21, 2011 Author Posted September 21, 2011 I am thinking about attempting to make my own, but Idk how annoyed I'd get at trying to sew with stretchy fabric.
MissScripture Posted September 21, 2011 Author Posted September 21, 2011 [quote name='missionseeker' timestamp='1316568612' post='2307853'] Hey, did you see my link? [/quote] Oh, yeah! I saw one like this: [url="http://www.amazon.com/Motherhood-Maternity-Secret-Length-Tiered/dp/B004QBGCHE/ref=sr_1_12?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1316578327&sr=1-12"]http://www.amazon.co...6578327&sr=1-12[/url] at Motherhood (except in brown). And I would really like it, but it was $50, and I couldn't bring myself to spend that much money on one skirt... I'm also nervous about buying clothes online, cuz they always seem to fit weird on me normally. Who knows how pregnancy would make them fit!
fides quarens intellectum Posted September 21, 2011 Posted September 21, 2011 i was also nervous about buying maternity clothes online, but after i went to the maternity store in the mall, i knew i had to. i lucked out and found a WAHM who makes the garment after you give her your measurements, and now my favorite things to wear are the shirt and 2 skirts i ordered from her. shopping for maternity clothing is not easy, but it's worth it, eh?!
MissScripture Posted September 21, 2011 Author Posted September 21, 2011 This is the first I've had to do it, since the rest of my stuff so far has been borrowed from a friend who is my size. I really only need a few dress-up items. My friend was mainly pregnant during the summer, so the nicer stuff that she has is for summer, and that just won't cut it as we move into winter!
faithcecelia Posted September 21, 2011 Posted September 21, 2011 [quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1316579830' post='2307938'] This is the first I've had to do it, since the rest of my stuff so far has been borrowed from a friend who is my size. I really only need a few dress-up items. My friend was mainly pregnant during the summer, so the nicer stuff that she has is for summer, and that just won't cut it as we move into winter! [/quote] It might still be worth asking her what she has and see what you can layer up? Summer tops and skirts etc with tights or even leggings under, and then a big loose cardigan which you can wear once baby is here too? Also, if you want to make a simple skirt I'd choose a fabric that hangs well, buy a good long length (4-5 times your current waist measurement) make a wideish 'waist' seam down one side of the fabric and either use the same fabric or ribbon, cord, etc to make a drawstring and thread it through. Sew up the seam, hem, and you have an easy skirt that will grow with you. Once baby is born you can either keep it for next time or buy a wide (3") elastic and add that as a waistband.
MIKolbe Posted September 21, 2011 Posted September 21, 2011 [quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1316578434' post='2307915'] Oh, yeah! I saw one like this: [url="http://www.amazon.com/Motherhood-Maternity-Secret-Length-Tiered/dp/B004QBGCHE/ref=sr_1_12?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1316578327&sr=1-12"]http://www.amazon.co...6578327&sr=1-12[/url] at Motherhood (except in brown). And I would really like it, but it was $50, and I couldn't bring myself to spend that much money on one skirt... I'm also nervous about buying clothes online, cuz they always seem to fit weird on me normally. Who knows how pregnancy would make them fit! [/quote] fat is fat. trust me, i know.
fides quarens intellectum Posted September 21, 2011 Posted September 21, 2011 so jealous of those of you who can sew and make your own stuff.
MissScripture Posted September 21, 2011 Author Posted September 21, 2011 Well, I went back to the stores we went to yesterday (some of them) and the thrift store and another store. I looked at non-maternity clothes and found one maybe at one store, nothing at the thrift store (I don't wear XXXL, or I may have been in luck. Seemed like everything they had was SUPER BIG), nothing at the new store, and then at the last store I went to, I found one dress, on clearance that was ACTUALLY a maternity dress. The downside is, it fits perfectly right NOW, which means if Peanut gets a lot bigger, it will be too big. Roamin said I could buy it if I wanted, so I did. I figure it has a lot of re-wearability, since we are hoping that this maternity thing happens more than just this once.
MissScripture Posted September 25, 2011 Author Posted September 25, 2011 Today, we were in the country, looking at the fall colors and stopping by some remote lakes to take pictures of fall color. After lunch, as we were getting our stuff back in the car, a bee came along and started buzzing around me. My husband left the lunch box on the ground and the back door of the car open and got into the car to avoid the bee. I threw the lunch box in and shut the door, and my husband just sat there in the car, watching me try to get rid of the bee without getting stung. This definitely did NOT rock. After about 3 minutes of me being unsuccessful and him sitting in the car just watching, and me getting really annoyed with him for just sitting there, he cleared the stuff off my seat, so I could jump in really fast.
HopefulBride Posted September 25, 2011 Posted September 25, 2011 [quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1316443188' post='2306959'] Today he is taking me shopping for more maternity clothes. [/quote] aaaaww
HopefulBride Posted September 25, 2011 Posted September 25, 2011 [quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1316914697' post='2309445'] Today, we were in the country, looking at the fall colors and stopping by some remote lakes to take pictures of fall color. After lunch, as we were getting our stuff back in the car, a bee came along and started buzzing around me. My husband left the lunch box on the ground and the back door of the car open and got into the car to avoid the bee. I threw the lunch box in and shut the door, and my husband just sat there in the car, watching me try to get rid of the bee without getting stung. This definitely did NOT rock. After about 3 minutes of me being unsuccessful and him sitting in the car just watching, and me getting really annoyed with him for just sitting there, he cleared the stuff off my seat, so I could jump in really fast. [/quote]
MissScripture Posted September 25, 2011 Author Posted September 25, 2011 *Sigh* Yeah, and then my sister can brag about how she is married to Jesus and He is perfect. But seriously, most of the time my hubby is great. He even told me I took some really nice pictures today (he is the photographer in the family).
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now