An Old School Catholic Message Board

Question: What Makes You Lean Toward A Specific Religious Community?

Sr. M. Faustina

Sr. M. Faustina

JMJV

Greetings in the Heart of Christ! Thank you everyone for sharing. It is nice to hear others talk about their vocations. May God bless each of you in your continued discernment and give you the grace to persevere in His most Holy Will for you. May Christ's Strength be your Peace.

In the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary,
Sister M. Faustina, SCMC

"To Jesus, Through Mary."

AccountDeleted

[quote name='brandelynmarie' timestamp='1316980317' post='2309939']
nunsense, Maybe when you become a Benedictine you could take a Carmeilte name? :nun:
[/quote]

Actually, I was thinking of taking Sr Matilda, after St Mechtildis (Matilda is a derivative name) - she was a Benedictine, and it would remind me of Australia (you know, Waltzing Matilda).

TeresaBenedicta

Hm...

For me it was definitely the charism of the community! And I didn't even realize that what I ended up finding was what I was looking for to begin with! In fact, I laugh a little over it now because I had such an affinity for the Dominican charism, that I was closed off from thinking about other charisms.

Meeting individual sisters and experiencing how they interact and live with one another was another factor... which I suppose is pretty closely united to the charism, because they were examples of that charism lived out.

Also important, although not necessarily on my radar consciously, was/is how a community prays (which, again, I suppose is pretty closely united to its charism) as a community... which can and does include things like what types of songs they generally sing, what their liturgy is like, etc. Not in the sense of being a "liturgy snob", but knowing what/how I pray best.

But, yeah, as LC said... the community itself!