An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Little Worried

InPersonaChriste

InPersonaChriste

I apologise in advance for any complaining on the phatmass Vocation Station.

My parents chose the day of my retreat, finally! Praise be Jesus Christ!
My father Faxed the VD on Friday, but I have yet to recieve any phone call or information that would allow me to buy tickets and start packing. I guess i am a bit worried if the faxed letter was not recieved! The VD did say that faxing was the easiest way to contact her. I hope they are just praying about it!

Anyways, things have been really stressed lately. My sister is having contractions and pregnancy wierdness that should not be happening. And her husband needs prayers desperately.

Of course on top of that I am trying to figure out a way to achieve a retreat in the US!

In Christ
IPC

OnlySunshine

[quote name='InPersonaChriste' timestamp='1317682294' post='2314825']
I apologise in advance for any complaining on the phatmass Vocation Station.

My parents chose the day of my retreat, finally! Praise be Jesus Christ!
My father Faxed the VD on Friday, but I have yet to recieve any phone call or information that would allow me to buy tickets and start packing. I guess i am a bit worried if the faxed letter was not recieved! The VD did say that faxing was the easiest way to contact her. I hope they are just praying about it!

Anyways, things have been really stressed lately. My sister is having contractions and pregnancy wierdness that should not be happening. And her husband needs prayers desperately.

Of course on top of that I am trying to figure out a way to achieve a retreat in the US!

In Christ
IPC
[/quote]

Prayers for you! Don't let your anxiety get the best of you -- just give it to God. Everything will work out fine if you trust Him. I will pray for your sister, her husband, and her unborn child. May the Holy Family of Nazareth watch over and protect them.

Just out of curiosity, which order are you planning a retreat with? :)

InPersonaChriste

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1317683658' post='2314837']

Prayers for you! Don't let your anxiety get the best of you -- just give it to God. Everything will work out fine if you trust Him. I will pray for your sister, her husband, and her unborn child. May the Holy Family of Nazareth watch over and protect them.

Just out of curiosity, which order are you planning a retreat with? :)
[/quote]

The Benedictines of Mary, Queen of the Apostles.

Thankyou all for your prayers!

OnlySunshine

[quote name='InPersonaChriste' timestamp='1317690878' post='2314915']

The Benedictines of Mary, Queen of the Apostles.

Thankyou all for your prayers!
[/quote]

Oh, how wonderful! They are such a vibrant, young order. I LOVE their profession photos. The Sisters remind me so much of Our Lady. :love:

[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_OHdzk3JlsgY/S_XIbgvSwyI/AAAAAAAAGLc/oBy1rxDAKr4/s1600/Benedictine+Nuns_perpetual+profession+of+vows.JPG[/img]

dominicansoul

omigosh! I was going to start a thread on this order, cos I think they are one of the most beautifullest orders ever!!!

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1317845906' post='2315772']
omigosh! I was going to start a thread on this order, cos I think they are one of the most beautifullest orders ever!!!
[/quote]
Is DS turning into a Benedictine??? I thought we were trying to keep her from becoming a Carmelite! :nun:

Edited by LaPetiteSoeur

Best wishes and prayers for a fruitful retreat! This is a God thing. Always remember the difference between a good thing and a God thing ----- if it's a [u]good thing[/u], you've got a 50/50 chance of things working out positively. If it's a God thing, you've got a 100 per cent chance of things working out positively as He's in control. :winner:

InPersonaChriste

Thanks again! My dad re-faxed the office just in case we sent it wrongly ( i dont trust fax machines....) and hopefully i will have a reply! And I really pray that the nun does not phone when I am in my surgery tommorrow!!! haha

pax
IPC