Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Wow. Facebook Backlash. Bad Timing. Dilemna.


Recommended Posts

Posted

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150315252308061&set=a.10150314505818061.338671.122892243060&type=1&ref=nf

I'm curious to know what y'all think.

Over 180 people have already "shared" this photo since it was posted yesterday.... BEFORE Steve Jobs died. Now that Steve Jobs died, it seems to be snowballing.

I'm hesitant to remove it, even though it might be the respectful thing to do, because it serves as the only proof that the image was made and posted before his death, showing that phatmass' intentions were not meant to have anything to do with Steve Jobs dying...

Help?

Posted

remove it

pick a different image

Posted

I do not think that the image is actually disrespectful to Steve Jobs really.... I would leave it

Posted

In my opinion, i think removing it at this time, and posting a different image...perhaps just the iPad or iPhone.....would be a better tactic. it is the respectful thing to do.

what about creating a neato picture about praying for his soul? :idontknow:

Posted

But the image is already all over the internet... So I should remove the image, wiping away the timestamp that shows that it was posted before Steve Jobs died? Don't you think this will only make people who then see the image to assume that phatmass made it to capitalize on his death?

Posted

too bad you can't close comments on facebook. lol

i dunno, dUSt. :idontknow:

perhaps leave it and then post something about your intent along with a different picture?

Posted

post a new image ... a razzle dazzle one ... asking to pray for his soul.

Posted (edited)

I am unsure if 180 people sharing it is 'all over the internet', but i see what you are saying.

I just think leaving it 'as is' would more likely be seen in poor taste now. It wasn't at the time, but it is now.

Edited by MIkolbe
to add 'would more likely to be seen'
Posted

or...

put out a new image explaining why the old image got taken down? it may be hard to communicate effectively, but at least it will show you are trying to be respectful about the whole situation...

not sure if i like that idea full or if it needs to be fleshed out more...but it's an idea...

Posted

otoh, it's spurring a lot of discussion...i think [b]if[/b] you leave it, to post a new graphic/post stating that you posted it before anyone knew he died, it was not meant to 'dog' him, and to pray for his soul.

Posted

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1317872631' post='2315930']
or...

put out a new image explaining why the old image got taken down? it may be hard to communicate effectively, but at least it will show you are trying to be respectful about the whole situation...

not sure if i like that idea full or if it needs to be fleshed out more...but it's an idea...
[/quote]
agreed.

i know it's 'out there' now, but i am leaning more towards removing it and replacing it with a different image.

Posted

it cannot be nearly as bad as the current status of the onion on FB

Posted

[quote name='sixpence' timestamp='1317873788' post='2315934']
it cannot be nearly as bad as the current status of the onion on FB
[/quote]
what do you mean? nevermind, found it.

Posted

I'm not sure you guys are following me. Just because I remove it from the phatmass page does not mean that the image will suddenly disappear from Facebook. I understand that most people do not save an image and then repost using their own account, but some people do--and I doubt those people took the "phatmass.com" off the bottom of the image before they did.

Posted

leave the picture(or a link to it) and an explanation on the Phatmass homepage to explain to anyone interested, maybe a screenshot of the timestamp on the FB page.

then remove the FB picture

Posted

I heard that Steve Jobs saw the picture and it made him so sad, he died of a broken heart.

brandelynmarie
Posted

Maybe add an additional photo with an additional explanation. I'm afraid removing it may cause even more issues. But this is just a suggestion.

Posted

Why not use Obama instead of Steve Jobs?

Posted

[quote name='Didacus' timestamp='1317887665' post='2315982']
Why not use Obama instead of Steve Jobs?
[/quote]

that makes no sense, and is needlessly politicizing an issue.

Posted

ive read some of the comments you've made and i think the action you have taken is appropriate. leave it as is and maybe emphasise that the message of the picture is more about focusing on how we as an individuals "have it good" rather than an attack on Steve Jobs himself. God Bless.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...