An Old School Catholic Message Board

Joyful Joyful

Strictlyinkblot

Strictlyinkblot

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1318294407' post='2319430']

Really? Huh! I wonder why... I have Norton Internet Security 2011 and was able to access it with no problem. :unsure:
[/quote]

McAfee keep warning me not to access it but sometimes they can be very overly cautious about sites

Strictlyinkblot

I've got replies from several different carmels. I'm going to start arranging visits, no more than two at a time so I don't get too overwhelmed even if it costs more. I've my interview tomorrow. If I get the job I'll have most of my weekends free.

AccountDeleted

[quote name='Strictlyinkblot' timestamp='1318384769' post='2319945']
I've got replies from several different carmels. I'm going to start arranging visits, no more than two at a time so I don't get too overwhelmed even if it costs more. I've my interview tomorrow. If I get the job I'll have most of my weekends free.
[/quote]

How wonderful for you. Prayers :pray:

Strictlyinkblot

Okay, just finished my interview. I'll know today or tomorrow. I think it went well but I find these things very hard to judge. I'm now eating cake before I have a rest. Back on duty tonight.

Cake is ALWAYS medicinal, especially if it's chocolate. Good bio-flavinoids (or something) for the body.....good taste in the mouth...good endorphin release for the spirit :like2:
What could be better than that ?!

Strictlyinkblot

Well, I didn't get the job. On the upside they told me that it was between me and another candidate and if they'd had two jobs they would've given the other one to me.
I was upset for about twenty minutes and then I made myself pray the Divine Office. I began to calm down and my calm returned. Although I did have cake as well.
Its better that I didn't get it. Even though its a promotion I would've ended up on less money as I'm a permanent night worker. So, I've decided to issue God with instructions (because ordering around the Most High King always works). I'm determined that my loans will be paid off in eighteen months to two years. I just will. So, March 2013 is what I'm aiming for.

[quote name='Strictlyinkblot' timestamp='1318648713' post='2321450']
Well, I didn't get the job. On the upside they told me that it was between me and another candidate and if they'd had two jobs they would've given the other one to me.
I was upset for about twenty minutes and then I made myself pray the Divine Office. I began to calm down and my calm returned. Although I did have cake as well.
Its better that I didn't get it. Even though its a promotion I would've ended up on less money as I'm a permanent night worker. So, I've decided to issue God with instructions (because ordering around the Most High King always works). I'm determined that my loans will be paid off in eighteen months to two years. I just will. So, March 2013 is what I'm aiming for.
[/quote]

My mom told me to do just this when I was upset about not getting a job. She told me to cry it out for a few minutes and then pray for God's hand to point me where to go next. It always helped. I never dwelt on it for longer than a day. And, really, what good is it to dwell on such a thing, anyway. You are handling this very well. Surrender it to Our Lord, and all things shall come to pass. :)

brandelynmarie

[b] From St. Teresa of Avila's Breviary:[/b]

[size=3][color=#666666][i]Let nothing disturb you,[/i][/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#666666][i] Let nothing frighten you,[/i][/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#666666][i] All things are passing away,[/i][/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#666666][i] God never changes[/i][/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#666666][i] Patience obtains all things.[/i][/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#666666][i] Whoever has God lacks nothing.[/i][/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#666666][i] God alone suffices.[/i][/color] [/size]
[size=3] [/size]
[size=3] [/size][left][size=3][color=#666666][i]Some days easier said than done ;) , but all is in His Divine Order.[/i][/color][/size][/left]

Edited by brandelynmarie

[quote name='Strictlyinkblot' timestamp='1318648713' post='2321450'] So, I've decided to issue God with instructions (because ordering around the Most High King always works). I'm determined that my loans will be paid off in eighteen months to two years. I just will. So, March 2013 is what I'm aiming for.
[/quote]

I set my entry date at a time when there was no imaginable way of clearing my debt by then, and I managed to clear it with almost 6mths to spare. If it is God's will, there will be ways and means. :pray:

Strictlyinkblot

[quote name='Mary's Margaret' timestamp='1318681627' post='2321566']
And out of it came a new determination and a solid plan to pay off your debt. How the Lord loves you!!
[/quote]

I'm not sure you could call it a solid plan, more like wearing God down with my pleading.

[quote name='faithcecelia' timestamp='1318699253' post='2321628']

I set my entry date at a time when there was no imaginable way of clearing my debt by then, and I managed to clear it with almost 6mths to spare. If it is God's will, there will be ways and means. :pray:
[/quote]

You're my inspiration.

I'm currently watching Strictly Come Dancing (UK version of Dancing with the Stars) so I'm happy. I'm not sure its suitable material for an aspiring nun but it reminds me so much of being in the Ballroom competitions wearing my princess dress (that I doubt I could get into now).

Mary's Margaret

" I'm not sure you could call it a solid plan, more like wearing God down with my pleading."

A year ago, I was $10,000 in debt with no hope of paying it off. Today, I'm completely debt free. What happened in between? Prayer, prayer, and more prayer (including a novena to the Infant Jesus of Prague). The truly amazing thing is that the money came from completely unexpected sources - nothing I could ever of thought of myself. God is the best financial planner I know of!!

My prayers are with you.

[quote name='Strictlyinkblot' timestamp='1318701592' post='2321642']

I'm not sure you could call it a solid plan, more like wearing God down with my pleading.

You're my inspiration.

I'm currently watching Strictly Come Dancing (UK version of Dancing with the Stars) so I'm happy. I'm not sure its suitable material for an aspiring nun but it reminds me so much of being in the Ballroom competitions wearing my princess dress (that I doubt I could get into now).
[/quote]

I had $1,500 in debt that I was worried would not get paid off since I was not working. It was debt I had built up from my personal credit cards and overdraft protection line of credit from my bank (I kept taking money out of the LOC like it was personal funds, or something -- very dangerous). My grandmother was helping me pay it off, little by little every month, but when it came down to possibly entering a religious community in 2009, I had no idea how I'd pay it off. The Sisters, with whom I was discerning at the time, offered to allow me to come to their convent in Indiana and work off my debt in their apostolate. Since I only lasted 3 days, I left unsure of how I was going to pay it off again. I kept praying for God to find a way. I then received an offer from the unemployment office to reinstate my emergency unemployment compensation as it had been extended by the government. I received about $2,000. I paid off all my debt from the bank (and closed the accounts for good), paid back the airfare to the Sisters, and put the rest towards visiting the Franciscan Sisters of the Renewal in January 2010. God is good. If you are meant to enter religious life, He will always find a way -- usualy it is in places we never expected! God loves to surprise us. Look at my friend offering to pay my airfare to the RSMs unsolicited! ;)

[i]Pray, hope, and don't worry. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.[/i] -- St. Padre Pio

Strictlyinkblot

God will provide. I hope I don't come across as feeling sorry for myself because I really don't. It'll happen when it happens. Sometimes I get frustrated but lately I just feel calm.

'All will be well, all will be well and all manner of things will be well' Julian of Norwich (Hope I've got the quote right)