An Old School Catholic Message Board

Education Stats Of Phatmass

Brother Adam

Education  

108 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Archaeology cat' timestamp='1318847505' post='2322579']
My husband just submitted his PhD in Francophone Postcolonial Lit (specifically the writings of Leon Damas).
[/quote]
[quote name='rachael' timestamp='1318847688' post='2322581']
my goodness
[/quote]
I took a class on Afro-Caribbean literature when I was in school...one of the more memorable classes I took. The professor was a Haitian guy and knew pretty much everything someone could know about the subject. Not everyday you hear about someone studying "Francophone Postcolonial Lit" lol, props to your husband. Aime Cesaire's "Notebook of a Return to my Native Land" is one of the great poems of the 20th century IMO:

[quote]To go away. My heart was pounding with emphatic generosities. To go away...I would arrive sleek and young in this land of mine and I would say to this land whose loam is part of my flesh: "I have wandered for a long time and I am coming back to the deserted hideousness of your sores.

I would go to this land of mine and I would say to it: "Embrace me without fear...and if all I can do is speak, it is for you I shall speak."

And again I would say:

"My mouth shall be the mouth of those calamities that have no mouth, my voice the freedom of those who break down in the prison holes of despair."

And on the way I would say to myself:

"And above all, my body as well as my soul, beware of assuming the sterile attitude of a spectator, for life is not a spectacle, a sea of miseries is not a proscenium, a man screaming is not a dancing bear..."[/quote]

Edited by Era Might

A.A. in Psychology.

Working on a B.A. in Criminal Justice.

Wanting a Master's in Psychology though, once I get to graduate school. Then, hopefully, I'll work on a Ph.D

I think it would be kinda razzle dazzle to get a degree in theology.

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Era Might' timestamp='1319034675' post='2323650']
I took a class on Afro-Caribbean literature when I was in school...one of the more memorable classes I took. The professor was a Haitian guy and knew pretty much everything someone could know about the subject. Not everyday you hear about someone studying "Francophone Postcolonial Lit" lol, props to your husband. Aime Cesaire's "Notebook of a Return to my Native Land" is one of the great poems of the 20th century IMO:
[/quote]
amesome. And it's evidently even less often you find someone studying Damas. I do know a little about Cesaire thanks to my husband, though.

[quote name='LinaSt.Cecilia2772' timestamp='1319075565' post='2324014']
junior in high school. i've hit that point where i really want to be in college already.
[/quote]
wait until senior year

PhD = Playa Hater Degree
:flex2:

Haha, only an MBA on this end, I have had enough schooling for now, dont want to owe anymore in student loans! :winner:

Edited by Hidalgo SJS

LinaSt.Cecilia2772

[quote name='rachael' timestamp='1319076059' post='2324018']
wait until senior year
[/quote]

next year is going to be reaaaalllllyyyyy tough.....

i<3franciscans

[quote name='LinaSt.Cecilia2772' timestamp='1319075565' post='2324014']
junior in high school. i've hit that point where i really want to be in college already.
[/quote]
I love high school! I don't want to grow up too fast. We only live life once... We should enjoy these years before we become...[size=1]old[/size]

[quote name='Archaeology cat' timestamp='1318847505' post='2322579']
My husband just submitted his PhD in Francophone Postcolonial Lit (specifically the writings of Leon Damas).
[/quote]

I don't know what that even is (other than the literature part.)