An Old School Catholic Message Board

Prayers Please

Strictlyinkblot

Strictlyinkblot

Its been quite a week for me. The doctors have confirmed that my mother has heart failure although of an unusual kind. Its hard for me to be so far away while she's in hospital.
And, I'm in trouble with work. I was off sick a few days ago because of a migraine. The ward manager has said that I've taken too much sick leave and that basically my being off sick makes it very difficult to cover the ward as I'm duty manager when I'm on. They want to take me off night duty and I've to explain myself tomorrow.
I've started a novena to the Infant of Prague. I figure I need all the help I can get right now.

Oh, dear. I hate getting in trouble with bosses. I'll say some prayers that they understand about your need to take off for your migraine. I used to get those, too, so I know how difficult it is to work with one. :(

Mary's Margaret

I'll say a Divine Mercy Chaplet that those at work will act out of understanding and compassion, for your Mom's health and the wisdom of those caring for her, and for your peace as you navigate through it all. God hear our prayers.

brandelynmarie

Prayers! :pray: :amen: Do they have medical leave for such things as migraines? Where I work, some people are able to get medical leave for certain conditions. They are then not penalized when they call off, & they are free to use their sick time. It all needs validated by a doctor, of course.

Strictlyinkblot

Thanks everyone. I've to see the ward manager tonight. I've gone through my sick leave and while its quite alot, five episodes, only one day is for a migraine. The problem is I had shingles two months ago and that accounts for two episodes, as I didn't know I had it initially and had gone back to work and had to go sick again. Another episode was because I'd had a reaction to a vaccine occupational health had given me. So when I look at it like that it doesn't look quite so bad but I don't think they'll see it that way.
There isn't such a thing as medical leave over here unfortunately. I am quite scared which I know is silly. The worst they can do is put me on day duty which I don't want but I'll deal with.
Mum had to have a minor operation to have a permanent IV line put in and I haven't heard from her yet.

[color="#cc0000"]Our Father, Who art in heaven
Hallowed be Thy Name;
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen. [/color]

Prayers for both you and your mother. It's hard to believe you don't have medical leave or sick days. But, I guess, it is what it is.
I'm hoping they'll let you stay on your current shift. Have courage :smile2: