An Old School Catholic Message Board

Halloween Costume Ideas For A Sister

philosophette

My tree costume:

[img]http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/308309_2046588886756_1305423605_31798688_1123089065_n.jpg[/img]

I suppose birch and sycamore start out mostly white....

Iggy, that was a beautiful reflection! I've read quite a few of LC's posts as old threads are dug back up or I search for something. I can see that she has a very joyful heart. Personally, I love all your posts- you always have something really great to contribute, please don't stop!!!! And don't stop listening to those :getaclue: moments. By the way, did you try praying the Rosary a decade at a time? How did that go? (This is from some topic a couple months ago)

IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1319200000' post='2324607']
Iggy, that was a beautiful reflection! I've read quite a few of LC's posts as old threads are dug back up or I search for something. I can see that she has a very joyful heart. Personally, I love all your posts- you always have something really great to contribute, please don't stop!!!! And don't stop listening to those :getaclue: moments. By the way, did you try praying the Rosary a decade at a time? How did that go? (This is from some topic a couple months ago)
[/quote]

As it turned out, rather than say a Rosary, I have been saying the "Hail Mary" A LOT. I say it several times a day, and at night, as I am trying to relax my body and mind to sleep, that is what I say. I also recently have been saying "The Jesus Prayer" a lot.

I think I have posted this, but several months ago I began wearing a Miraculous Medal around my neck. I usually wear one or more medals with it, that change at times.

I suspect the time will come when I spend more time in formal, "sit-down" prayer like the Rosary, but, for right now, this is what I do. (I confess, I'm just a bit ADD. LOL)

Thank-you for your kind words about my posts. I know many people skip them, but that's okay. God has us read the posts he wants us to read.

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' timestamp='1319211632' post='2324690']

As it turned out, rather than say a Rosary, I have been saying the "Hail Mary" A LOT. I say it several times a day, and at night, as I am trying to relax my body and mind to sleep, that is what I say. I also recently have been saying "The Jesus Prayer" a lot.

I think I have posted this, but several months ago I began wearing a Miraculous Medal around my neck. I usually wear one or more medals with it, that change at times.

I suspect the time will come when I spend more time in formal, "sit-down" prayer like the Rosary, but, for right now, this is what I do. (I confess, I'm just a bit ADD. LOL)

Thank-you for your kind words about my posts. I know many people skip them, but that's okay. God has us read the posts he wants us to read.
[/quote]

I always wear my mircaculous medal! Isn't it wonderful?

brandelynmarie

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' timestamp='1319211632' post='2324690']

I have been saying the "Hail Mary" A LOT. I say it several times a day, and at night, as I am trying to relax my body and mind to sleep, that is what I say. I also recently have been saying "The Jesus Prayer" a lot.

[/quote]

I do these things too. :) Especially when I find myself having negative self talk or doubts, the Jesus prayer is perfect to counteract many things. ;)