An Old School Catholic Message Board

True Devotion Jewelry

OnlySunshine

Another alternative is a steel ring. I've been wearing a steel ring on my right ring finger now since my early 20's and I've found steel rings far more hardy and far less allergy causing than other metal. There are really some very nice ones available and they engrave well.

Thank you to all who responded! I talked to my mom about the ring that our friend showed us last Tuesday and I told her that I would really like one exactly like it. We went to two Christian stores to look around and I found a "I Am My Beloveds..." ring by Bob Siemons, but it was $53. My mom mentioned that she would get a nice ring for me for Christmas at the first one. We went to the second one and I found this lovely little Sterling Silver twist ring with Romans 8:28 inscribed on it (see my signature). It was only $12.99. I was about to take it up to the register and my mom handed me the money! Then, she said that if I still wanted that other ring from the MICM website, she'd buy it for me for Christmas. I am so excited! This is my little ring that I'm wearing right now:

http://www.familychristian.com/shop/product.asp?prodID=151229&name=Dicksons%20Gifts-Sterling%20Silver-Inspirational%20Twist%20Ring

It's so feminine and easy to read. That line is one of my favorite Bible quotes. :love:

Mary's Margaret

The ring is lovely. I'm so pleased you found something that reflects the song of your heart. And God bless your Mom for her generosity and support.

[quote name='Francis Clare' timestamp='1319376142' post='2325624']
So....the big question that remains is? Are you thinking about the other ring for a Christmas present?
[/quote]

Yes, indeed! I have requested the True Devotion ring from the Slaves' website. I remember wanting one when I made my first Consecration to the Immaculate on 12/8/2009, so it will be nice to finally have one! :)

MarysLittleFlower

wow these are beautiful :)

I have made the Total Consecration also and for a while I've been looking for the "little chain" ie: bracelet that St Louis de Montfort mentions... however I don't know where to find one like that! but I also love the idea of wearing a ring! especially for those who are discerning religious life. I want one now too lol :D

[quote name='MarysLittleFlower' timestamp='1319511049' post='2326696']
wow these are beautiful :)

I have made the Total Consecration also and for a while I've been looking for the "little chain" ie: bracelet that St Louis de Montfort mentions... however I don't know where to find one like that! but I also love the idea of wearing a ring! especially for those who are discerning religious life. I want one now too lol :D
[/quote]

I love that the ring has a chain on it. The chains can actually be found at FUS' website:

[url="http://bookstore.franciscan.edu/ePOS?store=421&item_number=40000005688&form=shared3%2fgm%2fdetail.html&design=421"]Curb Chain for Consecration[/url]

I will probably want something special to commemorate the occasion when (and if) I take my vows, and a ring may be a good thing to choose - for purely practical reasons. I would like some subtle way to signal my unavailability. However, women in the secular institute I hope to join are typically encouraged not to display any outward sign of their status, and I'm not sure whether the ring would be a violation of that quiet hidden spirit.

I just received one of the most spectacular presents from one of my CRHP sisters tonight! I was considering not attending because I was having stomach cramps, but the Holy Spirit gave me a nudge and I took some Pepcid and went on my merry way. I am SO glad I did! The lady who the first post was originally about gave me a ring just like hers!!! It turns out that she originally ordered a woman's ring, but decided to order a man's ring because it was bigger and more comfortable for her finger, so she gave me her old one! I can't wear it on my left ring finger because it is too small (size 6, I believe), but I am wearing it on my left pinkie. I plan to ask a jeweler if he can size it because it is sterling silver.

I am so, so, SO thankful that I went tonight. I feel much better about going and I just love being with my CRHP sisters! :love: