GodsGrace Posted August 18, 2003 Posted August 18, 2003 :angry: OK, I was driving down the street, & I passed this Baptist church. I usually enjoy readin what churchs post on their board thingys...and this particular church usually has some interesting things to say. Well for the past week they've had this message that says :" WHat our Pastor thinks about the Gay Preists"....Now...to me it seems like they have NOTHING better to talk about than other religions...And they're picking out a certain one.... Catholosim. Well ......(ok...now you guys might be a little lost, but in my town there's an episcipalian priest that claims he's gay, (I think he episcipalian.....) anyways soyea that's big contreversy in my town right now....) sooo....In the past I have had some not so cool experinces with Baptist churchs....I'm not trying to degrade them, talk down to them, or even talk bad about them...I'm just merely stating that my experinces have been degrading towards Catholics, down-talking like b/c I'm Catholic I'm the devil or bad...so this really gets to me that a baptist church can only talk about another church. I am really upset about it.....what do you guys think?! <_<
littleflower+JMJ Posted August 18, 2003 Posted August 18, 2003 thats not really fair for that baptist church to post stuff like that about, i see it as a low shot....i mean we dont' do that... i think you should keep your cool, dont' let them get to you and make sure you do backup check and see if this priest really is episcipalian and such. that way if you confront them you know where they are coming from and what to expect.... but i think thats awful......its okay GG you'll be okay, pray for those ppl and don't let them get the best of you.... God bLess! +JMJ :)
GodsGrace Posted August 18, 2003 Author Posted August 18, 2003 thanks flower....it's just how can they do that...and get away with it like....socially...I'm not talking politically, & lawfully but socially & churchly...Godly...AHH! but oh well I guess if anyone has anything to say about it, & they say it to me at least I'll be ready!
littleflower+JMJ Posted August 18, 2003 Posted August 18, 2003 you got it ! go get 'em GG!! let them know whos boss!! LOL
GodsGrace Posted August 18, 2003 Author Posted August 18, 2003 that's right!! I'M NOT the boss, He is & if they want to go behind His back & talk about others...then ha...I'll just let Him deal with them!
VeraMaria Posted August 18, 2003 Posted August 18, 2003 that's right!! I'M NOT the boss, He is & if they want to go behind His back & talk about others...then ha...I'll just let Him deal with them! You go Girl! That's the way to go! :D :D :lol:
IcePrincessKRS Posted August 18, 2003 Posted August 18, 2003 that's right!! I'M NOT the boss, He is & if they want to go behind His back & talk about others...then ha...I'll just let Him deal with them! haha Yeah!!! If these people have nothing better to do than gossip about some other clergyman who claims to be homosexual then what they really need is prayers. I don't see how posting that up on their roadside announcement board for all the world to see is going to bring them any closer to God. Just say a Hail Mary for them. (I bet they'd LOVE that. )
theaznone Posted August 18, 2003 Posted August 18, 2003 "send them haters ta hell" nahh im just playin... but yeah they really smell of elderberries
VeraMaria Posted August 18, 2003 Posted August 18, 2003 :angry: Your anger is contagious....grrr......feel like punching something (or someone !).....grr...... :angry:
Lil Red Posted August 18, 2003 Posted August 18, 2003 I would say to stop by there and tell them their board is offensive to some people. Don't tell them you're Catholic (unless they ask). It would be even more effective if you had other people you know go tell them too. (But not all at once) People will generally take stuff down if they know it's offending others. No matter what, keep your cool! B)
Qamidalash Posted August 19, 2003 Posted August 19, 2003 :angry: grrrr grrrr Where is this church, GG? I think we need to go do some remodeling..... :P
Qamidalash Posted August 19, 2003 Posted August 19, 2003 Ha!! I figured out how to make stuff bold!! yeyeyeyee!
GodsGrace Posted August 19, 2003 Author Posted August 19, 2003 you kids are nuts!~! They took it down....but only b/c they're messages are only up for a week.! but thanks anyways! You guys are great! As for doing some remodeling Q.....lol we could still do that! jk jk
Aloysius Posted August 19, 2003 Posted August 19, 2003 i think u should go in there and start heckling this guy's sermon ...umm.. r we allowed to do that? heckle other churches? or is that bad it might be bad... lets wait till we get a verdict on that before we start the hecklefest Pax Christi!
IcePrincessKRS Posted August 19, 2003 Posted August 19, 2003 No, we're not allowed to heckle other churches. We ARE allowed to call and inform the unlucky pastor/secretary who answers the phone how incredibly distasteful their message board was. :P
GodsGrace Posted August 20, 2003 Author Posted August 20, 2003 ok guys...the question was WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK??...not what can I do!!! geez! lol anyways.....heckling....hmm.....I think I feel confession coming on for Aloysius! loL!
IcePrincessKRS Posted August 21, 2003 Posted August 21, 2003 ok guys...the question was WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK??...not what can I do!!! geez! lol anyways.....heckling....hmm.....I think I feel confession coming on for Aloysius! loL! heh heh Sorry, I thought I got the point across in my first post that I thought what they did was stupid and rude and totally uncalled for. Oops.
littleflower+JMJ Posted August 21, 2003 Posted August 21, 2003 can you repeat the question...im confused i thought i summed it up pretty good when i called them.....nevermind! LOL im just joshing!!
cmotherofpirl Posted August 21, 2003 Posted August 21, 2003 My aunt's Baptist church preached every Sunday against Catholics. She was so surprised to find out that we do NOT do the same. Pray for them for they know not what they do.
Aloysius Posted August 21, 2003 Posted August 21, 2003 (edited) ok guys...the question was WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK??...not what can I do!!! geez! lol anyways.....heckling....hmm.....I think I feel confession coming on for Aloysius! loL! lol i didn't actually heckle anyone, i just threwit out there ? is it a sin to wonder if we should heckle or not? should i be like "forgive me father for i have sinned, it's been a week since my last confession, ummm... i went on PhatMass and asked if we could heckle other churches..." Father Nowell would have my head anyone notice that i edited this? yeah i spelled it through instead of threw i need spelling lessons :blink: Edited August 21, 2003 by Aloysius
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now