An Old School Catholic Message Board

Prayers For My Friend

OnlySunshine

I would normally post this in the Prayer Intentions, but I really need prayers for my friend in religious life. As most of you know, she left for England in September to join the Benedictines of Grace and Compassion. Well, it is not going well for her. She loves religious life and knows she is called to be a Sister, but her lupus is really causing problems. With the damp weather in England, her autoimmune system is in overdrive and attacking her healthy tissues, leaving her with infections. She has two -- chest and kidney infections. She says it's causing unbearable pain and didn't realize that it would be such a problem. She is English, but she moved here several years ago before going back to England solely for religious life.

I am really concerned for her. She says that if it doesn't improve, she will have to make a difficult decision to leave England and the order and come back to the States. She said in her email that she is placing it in God's hands and what He wants, she wants. Apparently, she has been in contact with a religious order here and may join there if she has to leave England. I don't know which order, but I asked her in reply. I am pretty sure it's a nursing order also since she is an RN.

Please, please, PLEASE pray for her! I hate that she has been there less than two months and is having such problems with her physical health. I know the torment must be difficult. I hope that she can find peace soon. Thanks in advance!

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

AccountDeleted

What a shame, not only for her, but also for the community, especially if she is a good fit in every other way for them. Prayers for all :pray:

[quote name='Blessed&Grateful' timestamp='1320503708' post='2331818']
Prayers, can you tell me what her first name is?
[/quote]

Her first name is Lindy. :)

Thanks, all, for your prayers. I wholeheartedly appreciate it, and I'm sure she does, too. I'm hoping that God will work things out -- we just have to trust Him. If it's His will for her to stay there, then I'm sure she'll get better. If not, then it may be meant for her to come home to the States.