An Old School Catholic Message Board

To All Us Carmelites Out There...

IamMyBeloveds

[quote name='IamMyBeloveds' timestamp='1320803641' post='2333475']

I actually don't have Light, Love, Life. I'm reading one right now called "Praise of Glory", which is very good!!

I really enjoyed listening to your piano piece! I love it! I am also a pianist (another reason why Bl. Elizabeth appeals to me! hehe) I am going to watch the above video closely and learn how to play this too! Thank you for posting it! So beautiful!!
[/quote]

Oh you'd love it!!! It's really just a picture book, but with selections of her writings all arranged [i]beautifully[/i] like in your video :love:

And many pictures of her I've never seen anywhere else like the one in my profile picture. I need to get a better scan of it. The book is out of print, but soo worth the second hand price, although I'm sure your Sisters will have it :proud:

Oh and just to clarify in case, that isn't me myself playing the piano there, though I have thought of uploading some like he has too .. my piano is terribly [i]terribly[/i] out of tune though. But yes, that video helped me learn it and I also have [url="http://www.amazon.com/Enya-Paint-Sky-Stars/dp/0793593328/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1320816271&sr=8-2"]the music.[/url] Lots of beautiful pieces there. I don't like that Enya is kind of New Age really :/ .. but a lot of her music is really beautiful. And she is Catholic for sure. *prayers* for her. It would be wonderful if she created really Catholic music and lyrics and all :pray:

Blessed Elizabeth, pray for us!

Oh and here's the same guy playing that piece from the top, which I found most helpful, though I like the other video better. The music says to play it slowly which is nice. Though it's fun to play fast too. Also, you may be tempted like I was not do the little flip this guy does with his left hand to reach the last note there. But I really hurt my hand trying to just stretch it at first, so I relearned it with the flip and it's much better. So yeah :like: Hope that makes sense. I'm really a beginner at the piano if you couldn't tell :proud: (edit: just read you said you're a pianist, you'll learned this in a flash :j)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ux9KGxor64[/media]

And my favorite part, [u]especially to play[/u] once you get it down [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=I7GVBD_5fXI#t=64s"][b]here[/b][/url]. Love this!! :love:

Edited by Chiquitunga

This is lovely, thank you. Elizabeth of the Trinity was the first Carmelite saint (I call her a saint already :saint2: ) who I took to, I like her simplicity and the fact that she isn't sickly sweet, there is a very grounded feel to her writings, even when she is talking about heavenly things.

Carmelite saints, of course, not only are admired and taken up as masters of the spiritual life, each in their own way. I was reading something I copied off the internet a couple of days ago and if memory serves, I think it was by a Dominican. He frequently quoted from both St. Teresa of Avila and also St. John of The Cross - no other saints or spiritual authors., not even St. Dominica or Thomas Aquinas. I think St. Thomas was a Dominican.

I like both the Elizabeth and the China Roses vids :) Nice how it keeps going off into minor; at first I was like 'Is her piano out of tune?' :P but on second listen it's very lovely and original.

brandelynmarie

[quote name='BarbaraTherese' timestamp='1320832125' post='2333661']
Carmelite saints, of course, not only are admired and taken up as masters of the spiritual life, each in their own way. I was reading something I copied off the internet a couple of days ago and if memory serves, I think it was by a Dominican. He frequently quoted from both St. Teresa of Avila and also St. John of The Cross - no other saints or spiritual authors., not even St. Dominica or Thomas Aquinas. I think St. Thomas was a Dominican.
[/quote]

Yes, St. Thomas Aquinas is a Dom. :)

I keep thinking there has got to be a connection or common factor between Carmelite & Dominican spiritualities...I just can't quite put my finger on it yet. :think:

Edited by brandelynmarie

[quote name='BarbaraTherese' timestamp='1320832125' post='2333661']
[/quote]

Fr. Jordan Aumann, O.P. I bet ... [url="http://www.domcentral.org/study/aumann/"]http://www.domcentra...g/study/aumann/[/url]

i<3franciscans

[quote name='brandelynmarie' timestamp='1320859338' post='2333787']
:secret: [size=2]Why are we whispering?[/size]
[/quote]
[size=1]Because I don't want the wanna be carmelites to come after me with their rosaries.[/size]

[size=1]St. Francis pray for us![/size]

IamMyBeloveds

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1320870070' post='2333884']
[size=1]Because I don't want the wanna be carmelites to come after me with their rosaries.[/size]

[/quote]

hehe! :hehe2:

brandelynmarie

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1320870070' post='2333884']

[/quote]

:secret: [size=2]Ok, I'll just hide here with you quietly...the Carmelites will never notice us![/size]

[size=2]Holy Father St. Dominic, pray for us![/size]

Edited by brandelynmarie

brandelynmarie

[quote name='Chiquitunga' timestamp='1320869568' post='2333878']

Fr. Jordan Aumann, O.P. I bet ... [url="http://www.domcentral.org/study/aumann/"]http://www.domcentra...g/study/aumann/[/url]
[/quote]

:bounce: Ooooooo! Must read!

IamMyBeloveds

[quote name='brandelynmarie' timestamp='1320891290' post='2334077']

:secret: [size=2]Ok, I'll just hide here with you quietly...the Carmelites will never notice us![/size]

[size=2]Holy Father St. Dominic, pray for us![/size]
[/quote]

...Too late...we Carmelites noticed! ;) lol

No worries...It's okay if the Dominicans want to jump in this thread lol, we are all serving Our Lord Jesus Christ and Our Lady! :saint2: