An Old School Catholic Message Board

Society Of Our Lady Of The Most Holy Trinity

Ale.SOLT

So before I being, background details on me. My name is Alejandra I'm 18 I've been discerning for about a year and I will be entering February 2nd with the SOLT order. At Our Lady of Guadalupe Convent in ND.
The charism of this order is a ecclesiastical team. Kinda like Opues Dei but with Sisters as well :nun1:

There has been alot of controversy with this order. Especially with one of the priest, Fr. John Corapi SOLT

http://www.catholic.org/national/national_story.php?id=41988

I wanna know what you guys think of this order and what you think about Fr. John's situation.

Blessings,
Ale.SOLT

Every community can have members that don't do what they are supposed to, so I definitely don't judge the order by that situation.

I love Sr. Miriam James and her NunEssential blog.

Here's one of her talks. I'm sure you've already seen it, but it's worth watching again.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pHvjhlFD8U[/media]

Edited by Lisa

brandelynmarie
:welcome: I pray for healing for all involved in that situation. But I have always loved the SOLT's. :love: I think Our Lady of the Trinity would be a lovely title to have.

SOLT seems great. Every order will have some members with larger struggles and faults. Sometimes faults get more attention than a person's or institutions good. This priest has sadly succumbed to many of his temptations, so it seems. He, and this religious society, needs all our prayers. But I wouldn't let this stop you - give it a try and see how it is for you. If Jesus don't want you to be there then you'll end up somewhere else.

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1320776975' post='2333263']
Every community can have members that don't do what they are supposed to, so I definitely don't judge the order by that situation.

I love Sr. Miriam James and her NunEssential blog.

Here's one of her talks. I'm sure you've already seen it, but it's worth watching again.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pHvjhlFD8U[/media]
[/quote]

Yes! She is amazing. I met her at WYD and her blog has helped me alot on striving to be a holy person. Awwe! :proud: :nun2:

[quote name='brandelynmarie' timestamp='1320785344' post='2333323']
:welcome: I pray for healing for all involved in that situation. But I have always loved the SOLT's. :love: I think Our Lady of the Trinity would be a lovely title to have.
[/quote]

Actually I was thinking of that as my religious title. All SOLT sisters have a title.
Aspirancy-Postulancy: Regular name, No sister in front of it.
Novice: The name of Mary is added to your name and Sister too. ( I like Sr. Alejandra Marie or Sr. Maria Alejandra for mine)
Professed: You get a new religious name and a title :)

amesome right! It makes my heart happy!!!! :) :nun1: :love: :cloud9:

@brandelynmarie

It so you get comfortable and used to people calling you sister and having to respond to a different name. :proud: :smile2:

One of my good friends is a Dominican sister of Mary. And i have a hard time calling her by her new name Sr. Rene Knoel
I still call her Catherine some times lol :blush: :idontknow: