An Old School Catholic Message Board

Benedictines Of Mary

dominicansoul

dominicansoul

I discovered this order by accident on the interwebz. They are beatiful, and if i wasn't the old haggard sick person i am, they would definitely be on my short lists of communities I would loooove to visit...

[url="http://benedictinesofmary.org/"]http://benedictinesofmary.org/[/url]

Mary's Margaret

I'm not convinced that's an apt description of you, but there are many old and/or haggard and/or sick whom God has put to good use to build His kingdom. Those of us who are approaching our "best by date" can still receive a call from God to offer all we are and have to Him. I just wish there were more opportunities for us answer that call in Religous Life, and in community. Still, I know that if God calls He has a place for us. I don't think mine's with the Benedictines, but this is a lovely community.

InPersonaChriste

Haha, Queens Daughter is entering here, and I am discerning with them. Well.. I am hoping for a live in, but trying to live out my vocation as a single person for now.

:proud:

dominicansoul

[quote name='Mary's Margaret' timestamp='1321387059' post='2336612']
I'm not convinced that's an apt description of you, but there are many old and/or haggard and/or sick whom God has put to good use to build His kingdom. Those of us who are approaching our "best by date" can still receive a call from God to offer all we are and have to Him. I just wish there were more opportunities for us answer that call in Religous Life, and in community. Still, I know that if God calls He has a place for us. I don't think mine's with the Benedictines, but this is a lovely community.
[/quote]

:) haha! I do fit that description, especially now, since I've been sick. But you are totally correct in saying that no matter what shape/age we are in, we can still be put to good use by the Almighty God! Sometimes being sick is my "vocation" in that, I offer it up for reperation of my sins (God knows there is plenty of reperation needed there...) Other times, I think of the poor aborted babies and offer up my minimal sufferings for them. So, yes, God can definitely use me to my very last drop! Thanks be to God!

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1321406554' post='2336713']
While my heart is elsewhere, I think the Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles are simply beautiful! :love:
[/quote]

Oh, I would sooo be all over this community if I were still in my 20's!!! :love: MASS IN LATIN??? :love: :love: :love:

[quote name='InPersonaChriste' timestamp='1321423349' post='2336797']
Haha, Queens Daughter is entering here, and I am discerning with them. Well.. I am hoping for a live in, but trying to live out my vocation as a single person for now.

:proud:
[/quote]

I'm afraid I do not know Queens Daughter. Lots of new vocation stationer peeps and I haven't had the privilege of meeting them yet! :) Congrats to her, and I pray for you. Don't look back, keep looking at Jesus and keep moving on forward and into the cloister :hehe2:

Mary's Margaret

haha! I do fit that description, especially now, since I've been sick. But you are totally correct in saying that no matter what shape/age we are in, we can still be put to good use by the Almighty God! Sometimes being sick is my "vocation" in that, I offer it up for reperation of my sins (God knows there is plenty of reperation needed there...) Other times, I think of the poor aborted babies and offer up my minimal sufferings for them. So, yes, God can definitely use me to my very last drop! Thanks be to God!

Dominicansoul: I'm sorry that you are sick and will offer prayer for you. I, too, have some physical issues and offering the pain for those dying without true knowledge of and love for God is a great consolation and honour. Folgers has nothing on us! We're good the the last drop. Thanks be to God.

Strictlyinkblot

DS I pray you feel better soon.

I love this order. There are some pictures of them on the women in habits thread and the wedding dress thread. Alas, I'm not called there but I can look and dream

Little Flower

I love their habits! I guess the only thing I don't like is that I like being able to understand the Divine Office... which its a bit hard to do when its in Latin and you don't speak Latin. :|

[quote name='Little Flower' timestamp='1321473393' post='2336980']
I love their habits! I guess the only thing I don't like is that I like being able to understand the Divine Office... which its a bit hard to do when its in Latin and you don't speak Latin. :|
[/quote]

That's the way I felt at first. The RSMs use a lot of Latin prayers and I was worried that I would pray them and would not understand them. Fortunately, one of the Sisters (who is a canon lawyer) comes and teaches the postulants and novices a class in Latin so you learn the different phrases and words. ;)

InPersonaChriste

I am still so attatched to here, and chance God gives me I am going to say yes! But for now as I have previosly and happily stated living out my vocation as a single person.