An Old School Catholic Message Board

Waiting- And The Wonderful Part Of It!

FutureCarmeliteClaire

FutureCarmeliteClaire

I went to a vocations event last night and I was blessed to talk to a Sister who is from a more modern order (not exactly my style, but wait for the best part) and the woman organizing the event told the Sister that I was discerning the religious life and had spoken with several Carmelites and how I feel that is where I am called. The Sister talked to me about waiting to enter and how hard it is but what a blessing it can be in the long run. She had to wait and pay off her college loans before entering and that took a year and a half, but aside from that was blessed with the certainty of knowing where she was called several years before that, and she told me that she was mad when she found out that she had to wait to enter because of her college loans. She also told me that know that she looks back on it, she is SO glad she waited that extra year and a half because she said, "You need to see yourself as an adult before you see yourself as a Carmelite." she felt that extra year helped her develop as an adult. For me, I now know that even if I have to wait to extra years because they want me to have work experience or two years of college, there is no changing God's Will, this is what he wants for me. Whether I enter at 17 or 18 when I would like to or when I am 19 or 20 because of the two years of college that they would like me to have, I will do what God wants and I think He wants me to be patient. Just as I would have to wait for a husband if I were called to the married life, I will have to wait for God.
Just a few thoughts for those of us who are waiting.

Thanks be to the Lord that called us to be His brides. :nun1:

Strictlyinkblot

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1321582633' post='2337674']
im waiting to go to the retreat...

:|
[/quote]

You could always phone up the sisters and tell them how much you are looking forward to seeing them and could you come for a visit before then as you just can't wait.

FutureCarmeliteClaire

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1321582633' post='2337674']
im waiting to go to the retreat...

:|
[/quote]
And we know you are looking forward to it! BWAHAHA! :hehe:

Strictlyinkblot

[quote name='FutureCarmeliteClaire' timestamp='1321576202' post='2337576']
I went to a vocations event last night and I was blessed to talk to a Sister who is from a more modern order (not exactly my style, but wait for the best part) and the woman organizing the event told the Sister that I was discerning the religious life and had spoken with several Carmelites and how I feel that is where I am called. The Sister talked to me about waiting to enter and how hard it is but what a blessing it can be in the long run. She had to wait and pay off her college loans before entering and that took a year and a half, but aside from that was blessed with the certainty of knowing where she was called several years before that, and she told me that she was mad when she found out that she had to wait to enter because of her college loans. She also told me that know that she looks back on it, she is SO glad she waited that extra year and a half because she said, "You need to see yourself as an adult before you see yourself as a Carmelite." she felt that extra year helped her develop as an adult. For me, I now know that even if I have to wait to extra years because they want me to have work experience or two years of college, there is no changing God's Will, this is what he wants for me. Whether I enter at 17 or 18 when I would like to or when I am 19 or 20 because of the two years of college that they would like me to have, I will do what God wants and I think He wants me to be patient. Just as I would have to wait for a husband if I were called to the married life, I will have to wait for God.
Just a few thoughts for those of us who are waiting.

Thanks be to the Lord that called us to be His brides. :nun1:
[/quote]

I just hope I can enter before I turn 40. Not that there's anything wrong with being 40, I just don't want to wait another five years.

[quote name='Strictlyinkblot' timestamp='1321582768' post='2337677']

You could always phone up the sisters and tell them how much you are looking forward to seeing them and could you come for a visit before then as you just can't wait.
[/quote]

I am not THAT excited....gosh!

[quote name='FutureCarmeliteClaire' timestamp='1321582874' post='2337679']
And we know you are looking forward to it! BWAHAHA! :hehe:
[/quote]

yeah....hmmmm :|

FutureCarmeliteClaire

[quote name='Strictlyinkblot' timestamp='1321582886' post='2337681']

I just hope I can enter before I turn 40. Not that there's anything wrong with being 40, I just don't want to wait another five years.
[/quote]
I don't want to wait 5 years (which I have to because it is impossible for me to enter before then), and I REALLY don't want to wait 7 years, but what this Sister told me helped me with that a bit.

Strictlyinkblot

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1321582930' post='2337682']

I am not THAT excited....gosh!

yeah....hmmmm :|
[/quote]

It was just a suggestion :sad2:

[size=1]We'll get you in the end. [/size] :P

[quote name='FutureCarmeliteClaire' timestamp='1321582945' post='2337683']
I think LilMon is going to hijack my thread with her followers... :hijack:
[/quote]

you right on, kiddo :P

Strictlyinkblot

[quote name='FutureCarmeliteClaire' timestamp='1321582945' post='2337683']
I think LilMon is going to hijack my thread with her followers... :hijack:
[/quote]

Sorry, will behave myself in future, honest

[quote name='Strictlyinkblot' timestamp='1321583029' post='2337687']

It was just a suggestion :sad2:

[size=1]We'll get you in the end. [/size] :P
[/quote]

I know it was.....

[size=1]I shall not come to the dark side[/size]

While I know the waiting purifies your intentions, I am finding it so difficult to do already! I keep praying for Jesus to give me the strength I need to hold on and wait for His perfect timing. I also keep reminding myself that I was not cut off from sending my letter in. They just asked me to wait so I could be absolutely sure -- which, in my case, is a good idea since I was impulsive the last time.

I commend you, Claire, for your honesty and steadfast patience. Keep holding on to that. Even when it gets tough (as it will), just hold on to Jesus. ;)

[quote name='Strictlyinkblot' timestamp='1321583072' post='2337689']

Sorry, will behave myself in future, honest
[/quote]

you naughty

FutureSister2009

There are actually wonderful parts of waiting? I suppose that does make a lot of sense though. I'll have to remember that