An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Are You Most Greatful For This Thanksgiving

das8949

I may have posted this in the wrong spot was was not sure.

I am thankful for my health and my family. my extended family and new friends.

I am greatful to the Provincial Superior of ND Toledo, OH for allowing Sister M. Barbra to traved and stay with us this week.

I am thankful for all of the abundance in my life and for the spirit of giving to others that which I do not need.

I am thankful for knowing the difference between what I need and what I want in my life.

Finally, I am thankful for this Phorum and for all of you who are in the varyhing stages of discernment. Without each one of you and your gifts the world would be incomplete!

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

i<3franciscans

My Faith

my fam

my other pham

my vs sisters and brother

my friends

my vocation

my home

my ipod (for my Jesus music :) )

my plumbing

my education

the CFRs

my best friends to whom I can tell everything,laugh with, cry with and pray with

and Jesus, the love of my life! <3

The biggest thing that's happened this year, aside from my a w esome retreat vacation, is working toward getting diagnosed and treated! I've suffered all my life with these problems and I'm finally about to get dx'ed. :yahoo:

i<3franciscans

[quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1321894275' post='2338983']
The biggest thing that's happened this year, aside from my a w esome retreat vacation, is working toward getting diagnosed and treated! I've suffered all my life with these problems and I'm finally about to get dx'ed. :yahoo:
[/quote]
Praise be Jesus. :)

And most a w esome of all, I'm getting diagnosed and scripts in hand the DAY BEFORE THANKSGIVING! :bananarap:

I keep thanking the Lord and feeling such joy and excitement. I don't know what more I can do to thank Him. :smile2:

Edited by JoyfulLife

I am thankful for two retreats this year that have really been milestones. They both have affected the way I view my relationship with the Lord.

ooh. And I am thankful for being in the US to celebrate Thanksgiving. It is different being in another country and not celebrating Thanksgiving. It is one of the few family related holidays that this country has.

My Thanksgiving Gratitude:

1. My friend for helping me buy my plane ticket to visit the RSMs.

2. My retreat with the RSMs.

3. My new sisters in Christ from CRHP and the RSM retreat (especially the girl who is also in the application stage)

4. My Nana for helping me pay for my college class this semester (and previous semesters) so I could graduate next month

5. My reversion to the Church 4 years ago

6. The Franciscans of the Renewal for their love and fire for the Lord and bringing me to true knowledge of the Lord in the Eucharist!

7. Our Lady for guiding and protecting me when I had doubts and temptations. Her prayers make such a difference!

[size=6]8. Our Lord's death and resurrection!!!![/size] :yahoo:

FutureCarmeliteClaire

I am thankful for...

My Jesus. :love:

Being Conceived into the womb of a Catholic woman. :dance3:

Being chosen to give my life entirely to God through a service of prayer and solitude. :nunpray:

My parents and brothers and sisters who are all amazing and give me more than I could ever want. :buddies:

My closest friends. (As I<3F said, who I can laugh, cry, and pray with.) Gotta love them. :buddies2:

My closest VS friends who can relate to me with any Vocation struggles or happiness I am going through. :nun1:

My laptop. It's a beautiful thing. :hehe2:

May list more later....

FutureSister2009

I put down two pages of things I am thankful for at Adoration on Friday but I can some it up a little here. I am thankful for my first semester here at DeSales. I am thankful for the experiences I've had both good and bad. I'm thankful for the amazing friends I've made here. I am thankful for my Vocation. I'm thankful for all of my teachers, past, present and future. I am thankful for all the wonderful people that have come into my life to make me the person I am today. I'm really thankful for my family that I took for granted all these years. I finally realize just how much they mean to me, especially my mom. She would do anything for me.

InPersonaChriste

I'm thankful for being homeschooled. Lately I have really regretted my education, but then i look at the outcome of some public school kids and I see how much more freedom is given within homeschooling.

i<3franciscans

[quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1321910464' post='2339125']
I put down two pages of things I am thankful for at Adoration on Friday but I can some it up a little here. I am thankful for my first semester here at DeSales. I am thankful for the experiences I've had both good and bad. I'm thankful for the amazing friends I've made here. I am thankful for my Vocation. I'm thankful for all of my teachers, past, present and future. I am thankful for all the wonderful people that have come into my life to make me the person I am today. I'm really thankful for my family that I took for granted all these years. I finally realize just how much they mean to me, especially my mom. She would do anything for me.
[/quote]
Wait DesSales in PA? I have a friend going there...

I did not mean to hijack this thread please continue...

[quote name='InPersonaChriste' timestamp='1321921074' post='2339168']
I'm thankful for being homeschooled. Lately I have really regretted my education, but then i look at the outcome of some public school kids and I see how much more freedom is given within homeschooling.
[/quote]
I could not agree more!

FutureSister2009

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1321924774' post='2339196']
Wait DesSales in PA? I have a friend going there...

[/quote]

Yes DeSales in PA. I've been going there since August and I've posted about it frequently.