An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hymns You Would Want For Your Wedding/profession Of Vows

beatitude

Guest hermanita

[quote name='FutureCarmeliteClaire' timestamp='1322430068' post='2341262']
Oh, and I love "Comfort, Comfort Ye My People" they sang that at Mass today, it was gorgeous.
[/quote]
Begin rehearsals for "The Messiah" tomorrow. Performances the last week of Advent. Love it !!

My Choices:

Entrance: I *think* its called "Profeta" or "Tengo que Gritar" ... (the chorus is: tengo que gritar, tengo que anunciar, hay de mi si no lo hago, como escapar de Ti, como no hablar, si Tu voz me quema adentro)

Offertory: Alma Misionera

Communion: Pescador de Hombres

Meditation: Para Siempre (those of you who are friends with me on fb can see me playing it on a video). Or if by that time I write one based on Song of Songs then I'd request to be able to play/sing that.

Recessional Hymn: (I don't know).

i<3franciscans

[quote name='CherieMadame' timestamp='1322445586' post='2341385']
The Messiah!! My favorite oratorio!
[/quote]
I saw The Messiah last year. It was amazing!

i<3franciscans

I have really been thinking about it and I think I am going to leave the songs up to somebody else. The Holy Spirit could probably throw something together and plant a seed in their hearts. I would like the surprise. :)

When I married, I had as the Processional "Trumpet Tune and Air" (Purcell-Clarke), and as the Recessional, Handel's "Largo"

The hymns were 'O Father all Creating' and Psalm No 23, and a friend sang 'I'll walk beside you", during the signing of the Register.

[quote name='cmariadiaz' timestamp='1322508978' post='2341712']
My Choices:

Entrance: I *think* its called "Profeta" or "Tengo que Gritar" ... (the chorus is: tengo que gritar, tengo que anunciar, hay de mi si no lo hago, como escapar de Ti, como no hablar, si Tu voz me quema adentro)

Offertory: Alma Misionera

Communion: Pescador de Hombres

Meditation: Para Siempre (those of you who are friends with me on fb can see me playing it on a video). Or if by that time I write one based on Song of Songs then I'd request to be able to play/sing that.

Recessional Hymn: (I don't know).
[/quote]

:woot: I :heart: all these!
---- Leva me aonde os homens necessitan tua palavras, nececistan de força de viver!... onde falta esperança... simplesmente por não saber de ti... De dou meu coração sincero para gritar sem medo...Senhor tenho uma alma missionária...

aiaiaiai... This is from my "missionary period" in South America :) :) .....
And also I love these:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgVy9kTXpqw[/media]

and this:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdPGIDP1J5k"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdPGIDP1J5k[/url]

But entering a contemplative community now on a different continent, it for sure will be other songs... But since I have not entered yet, there is so much time to go until vows if I ever go until then... :)

Edited by juchu

Sister Andrew

[quote name='Sister Marie' timestamp='1322271815' post='2340499']
I must say I do not remember a single hymn from my Profession... I know it was beautiful... but I have no idea what they were since it was such an overwhelming day! I particularly liked the Responsorial Psalm... but again... I don't remember it!
[/quote]

Sister, you made me laugh out loud!
Before my first profession I was taking so much time to think about what songs I wanted and seeing how they would all fit together well in the Mass, I thought it would be SO memorable! Then one of the other Sisters told me something along the lines of: "You probably won't really remember the music afterwards anyway!" I was amazed and thought "Of course I'll remember the music! Music is really meaningful to me..." Then the day came and afterwards I didn't really remember the music! I mean it was nice and the Sisters sang well but all I could really think about was: Wow I just made profession! I was so happy to have made profession and to be able to have this joy and share it with my sisters. This is the memory that still is with me today!

[quote name='Andrew' timestamp='1322708645' post='2343040']

Sister, you made me laugh out loud!
Before my first profession I was taking so much time to think about what songs I wanted and seeing how they would all fit together well in the Mass, I thought it would be SO memorable! Then one of the other Sisters told me something along the lines of: "You probably won't really remember the music afterwards anyway!" I was amazed and thought "Of course I'll remember the music! Music is really meaningful to me..." Then the day came and afterwards I didn't really remember the music! I mean it was nice and the Sisters sang well but all I could really think about was: Wow I just made profession! I was so happy to have made profession and to be able to have this joy and share it with my sisters. This is the memory that still is with me today!
[/quote]
Isn't this what the programs are for, so you can go back and see what music was used? :hehe2: I'm kind of in the same boat but it was for my baptism/1st Eucharist/ confirmation at the Easter Vigil. There was tons of music of course but I can only remember one song!